Is it just me? Can't get used to the new Forum

I am sorry to say that this is not getting to be second nature to me. I don’t get the logic of this forum. I find it difficult to follow threads I have posted in. It just seems a bit of a mess to be honest.

13 Likes

It is pretty different. I think it’s great.

Have done the discobot tutorial?

Send a private message to it.

@discobot

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: I would rather be attacked than unnoticed. For the worst thing you can do to an author is to be silent as to his works. An assault upon a town is a bad thing; but starving it is still worse. — Samuel Johnson

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

Typing @discobot start tutorial will make it send you a PM

Oh Christ just what I was afraid of!!!

Make it bloody stop.

2 Likes

oh, it’s just a silly program in Basic circa 1985.

uh oh. It’s out of control.

1 Like

Yeah but does the effing thing make music?

1 Like

Yes! But it’s the same song over and over and over. Only three notes in it, and they are all the same.

Well that is two more notes than I usually manage.

:rofl: fifteen char

Activities is a useful page: Profile - silhouette - Steinberg Forums

Yes I know that one! It still is not that intuitive. I have just spent a week setting up a new computer so nothing makes any sense for me at the moment. Oh well perhaps I’ll get used to it with my new Guru.

1 Like

just remember: run away if it gets too touchy. it’s not your fault

Love it ! So easy to see whats going on in other parts of the forum instead of just being restricted to one category

1 Like

I love it. The lines forum uses this same framework and it’s great – clear, intuitive, easy. Very welcome change and I wish every forum would adopt this style.

Yes, I’m agree with you. In deed I have to looking for outside the forum, google for example to find the treat I need.

Yeah, finding it a bit of a mess, seems like change for changes sake.

1 Like