Is it just me? Can't get used to the new Forum

Discourse is for the newer generations.
They grew up using mobile and don’t mind having exactly five sentences display at a time. What a terrible waste of space this layout is! Vertically, at least twice as much info is possible, not to mention on the sides.

Not being able to see as many titles and data per view is bad. I expect to avoid this going forward.
At least poll us before making the change.

4 Likes

The new design is a forking non-intuitive mess (IMO), and does not even work properly in FF, Pale Moon browsers to name two.

2 Likes

@rraud I am using Firefox, and do not see any issues. What specifically doesn’t work?

edit–I downloaded Pale Moon and am posting from it. I logged in without any problems. Login worked, I haven’t seen any blank pages.

No issues, but I did resent the change. I love updates in Cubase, just not in a forum that already was working fine and seemed very useful. I hate having to spend time on learning my way around a forum when there is music to be made. And the Discobot?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?? Sounds way too much like something you don’t want to go near.

The phpBB forum definitely was not working fine! We just hid the horribleness from you. :exploding_head:

Everything is in the title. For so many reasons.

Visisble Signature including system info is missing which is very important to relate to someone else issue (as in Mac or PC related issue)

Everything feels a bit clunky. Very bad ergonomics, readability and scrolling through posts are not enjoyable. Answering to a post makes your answer copied as well as the end of the thread, etc, etc…

Hoping that forum update will be there someday.

3 Likes

+111111111111111111111111111 to that

I’ll just reiterate what I said before; some sigs get larger because they contain a lot of information. It’s a waste of space to include that if you don’t need it. And most of the time I don’t need it.

The way it is now I can get that information easily and quickly by just clicking the name of the poster. Much better in my opinion.

I’m using it with Firefox with uMatrix installed and it still works for me, once I whitelisted the appropriate domains in uMatrix.

Do you have other add-ons installed that might be causing you issues?

:rofl: Ha ha ha

is this the future…stop the bus I want to get off , sorry. I am sure there are reasons for this but I think I will have to go elsewhere . There are other forums out there without Robocop.

1 Like

I don’t recall the exact search but I noticed a few references to the forum on Google where the link had disappeared and searching in here nothing came up - have they purged old messages?

1 Like

No messages were purged.

Note that you can merge your old forum account with your new one if you want, it’s probably a good idea to do. Mention @Ben_at_Steinberg in a reply to request that. (note that staff in on holiday till after New Year’s day)

thanks steve - I’ll see if I can remember what the question was

There was a subset of topics that got accidentally left behind in the initial migration, but these should be fixed now. Let me know if you find something missing and I’ll investigate further.

It’s a complete mickey mouse mess in my view.

A disaster on my Android tablet, even in Mobile View mode. There are so many overlays it is hard to select anything.

And what is this kindergarten bollocks with these badges - Autobiographer, Certified, Editor, First Emoji etc ? Who needs all that nonsense?

Ludicrous.

We can’t even get directly from the forums to Steinberg.net (to buy things!) any more, as far as I can see.

Life is so hard these days.

4 Likes

Hi folks,

yep, am having a hard time with the new forum structure.

It is easy to find information you are not interested in. In turn, it is hard to find information you are interested in.

E.g. how to change detail level if going over “new” stuff. Or how to hide Stickies that you have to go over all the time before you get to the new stuff.

Has perhaps to do with my grey hair. :wink:

Or perhaps the use model is for those people 100% focused on their smart phone while wandering around and occasional bump against lamp posts gracely overseen. :wink:

LG, Juergi

2 Likes

What I have discovered is that if you select the tags you want, for instance Cubase 11 Latest or Cubase 11 New and bookmark them you can go straight to the things you want look at using your browser bookmarks. Perhaps I am getting the hang of it. Grey hairs or not!

2 Likes

you can ‘unpin’ the stickies - there is a little ‘pin’ icon to the left of the thread title

2 Likes

Ummpfff - that was an easy one. Thx Dr. StrangeLove

1 Like