Is the hardware forum being ignored around here?

So I’m hoping to get Chris or someone’s attention here regarding various usability issues with the otherwise excellent CC121 that have been outlined on the hardware forum… it seems no one’s listening! No response from the mods whatsoever.

Chris, if you’re reading this, would you be so kind as to pass this along to the hardware devs so they can have a look at it?

I would really, really like to be able to use my Steinberg hardware more; in it’s present state, I find myself mostly using the mouse, frankly, and it’s a damn shame because I spent a lot of money on this thing and I don’t want to sell it, because it really ties the studio together! Please, please get someone to write some more user-centric drivers for this that will allow us to customize it more for our tastes! It would mean the world to a lot of us!

Thanks,

DrW

Yes. Everywhere but the Cubase forums are dark corners. The shadows where few enter.

Huh…looks pretty active to me (based on last post dates).

Or is it more that the CC121 has basically been replaced with the CMC series, thus more time spent developing the new?

Actually, the CC121 gets the most traffic of any in the hardware forum. The CIs (cant mention Nuendo Syncstation :unamused: ), CMC’s, and MR’s don’t get as much, with many questions going unanswered.

Houston, I think we may have a problem.

My general observation is that you should spend at least twice the amount of time studying reviews and user reports of hardware (even the latest, especially the latest!) than you do on software. Incredibly annoying to buy one and then you find it’s been sidelined for drivers etc.

If the hardware forum is underused then it might be more profitable to go to the Sound on Sound or Gearslutz etc forums for wider support and to also broaden the publicity angle. If sales are hit they’ll soon make more drivers especially if they end up with more doorstops than the users. :wink:

Yeah, you would think with the CI’s and UR’s being one of a kind interfaces with absolutely EXCELLENT drivers (after the latest update) we’d see some more discussions in their respective forums.

Good points. Those purchasing the MRs should have done this as well. It’s such a shame that those spending near $1,000 missed out on the superior UR series debuted a matter of months later. Not to mention they were priced quite a bit more reasonably. I still don’t think the UR28M was priced well according to it’s capabilities. Seeing that you can get a Tascam US 2000 for that price with far more connection options convinces me that you’re paying for the RevX, SweetMorphingSpot, and the channel strip bonuses.

Sorry, didn’t mean to derail this topic.