[ISSUE] Nuendo Crash using 5.1 output with Eucon

Nuendo 6.0.7 crashes as soon as a track is routed to a 5.1 output when using a Eucon control surface.

I am using Eucon 3.2.1
OSX 10.8.4
Mac Pro 2x2.8 Xeon
10GB RAM

Tried 32 and 64 bit versions of Nuendo.

Here is a one minute video showing the crash from start to finish:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10528539/Nuendo%20Crash.mp4

Here is the crash log
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10528539/Nuendo_Crash_Report.rtf

I have posted about same problem 2 weeks or so ago

“N6 and Artist Control”

What I did get from Steinberg Support is:

Currently the issue appears to turn out as a system specific problem.
Most of the crashes related to EuCon are caused by calls to the Apple AppKit and / or WebKit (also in this case).
So, to bring probably some intermediate relief in this case, here is a list of things to check / do:

– Make sure no web-based applications are running when using Nuendo
– Possibly disable toolbars from the browser(s)
– Perform Repair Disk Permissions
– Un-install and re-install the EuCon adapter

The behaviour has been further improved in the latest Cubase Update 7.5.20 .
However Nuendo users will have to wait some more…
in the meanwhile, it is worth a double-check.

The “things to check” didn’t help in my case. Perhaps we have to wait for 7.5.

Oswald

Thanks for the info. No luck for me using “things to check” either. Cheers. I see you’re using 10.8 as well, I wonder if Mavericks would change anything.

I see you’re using 10.8 as well, I wonder if Mavericks would change anything.

Yes, it looks like a 10.8. / Nuendo 6 thing. I have N6 playing on a 10.6. system -no such crash. And N5.5. on the same 10.8. works fine too. I thought aboiut updating to 10.9…but I use the same 10.8. system to play PT10 with Artist Control (working rather ok) and hear much bad things about ProTools and Eucon on 10.9. …that I do not dare to update at the moment.

Oswald

I have done a 10.9. installation on a fresh drive but same Mac Pro. (The one I have the crashes with a 10.8. N6 installation.)
Nothing installed now but: 10.9., Nuendo 6.07, last Fireface drivers, last Eucon drivers…and yes: Nuendo 6.0.7 crashes as soon as a track is routed to a 5.1 output
What I found out (just to be a bit more precise). The crash will happen as soon as this mono track (routed to a 5.1 output) will be assigned to a Artist Control fader (as part of a bank).

There should help be coming from N 6.5. but as that will take some more time I started testing again. What in such a basic installation can make the difference that some system have the crashes, some not. Processor type??? Memory?? Video card?? Audio Interface??

asks himself
Oswald

Have you tried Nuendo 6.5?

Ok I can confirm that it still crashes with Nuendo 6.5.30 and with EuCon 3.1.3.

Bugger.

Seems to be solved now in 6.5.3. No more crashes. Thanks to the team.

Oswald