It would be great to have Halion Hangouts

The Cubase hangouts are one of the best hidden gems about the software, and I’ve been pleased to see these types of videos bleed in to other products over the last few years for Wavelab and Spectralayers - they’re enormously helpful. But it would be very cool to have some development / coding streams specifically for Halion.

I understand they would be fairly niche compared to the others, but even if they were once every 6 months with some practical examples demonstrated and be able to ask questions and interact it would be really valuable. I get the sense there are a lot of people who already have Halion and want to know more, and others that are looking for alternatives to Kontakt but stumbling.

3 Likes

Plus one… id tune in for that! If you tag it as a feature request then we can vote for it. Thanks

1 Like

@GregOndo did a bit of HALion 7 Q&A in his last Cubase hangout:

Edit: that said, I will ask around if someone might squeeze HALion specific hangout it in their schedule. No promises though!
In addition, there is a constant stream of tutorials, tips etc. coming up on our VST Instruments youtube channel:

1 Like

Sorry, noob here, how do I do that?

No worries sma… from ‘summary’ in your profile - click on the topic you created - there’s a pencil icon next to the title of the topic (top right) - click on that and theres a few drop down boxes - one of them should have an option for feature request

fyi - Forum Guide

Noop, not for me, tried in three different browsers but whenever I click the edit pencil I just get a popup with history, no way of altering anything, no tag boxes… :frowning:

Edit, I just edited this so it does work, just not the main post.

That’s because you were still at Trust Level 1. I have manually updated your membership to TL 2 (Member)

Here’s what that means:

click to display info

Trust Level 2 – Member

Members keep coming back to your community over a series of weeks; they have not only read, but actively participated long and consistently enough to be trusted with full citizenship.

Get to trust level 2 by…

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 2 can…

• Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics
  • Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM
  • Daily like, edit, and flag limits increased by 1.5×
  • Ignore other users
  • Edit their own posts for up to 30 days after posting

Thank you, that’s been done.