It's a funny old world...

I’ve just been asked if I (EH? who me??) would like to do a vocal for “Mt Eden Dubstep”. Who? you might say? You’ve probably never heard of them. Google the name. They’re signed to Universal … they seem to be one of THE biggest thing at the moment in this genre - one of my LEAST favourite musical genres :smiley:

Apparently they’re looking for a “dull, dour, maudlin voice” :laughing:

lol?
You doing it?

:laughing:

just Nike them … just do it! Then ask! :sunglasses: :laughing:

One of the kids that make up “Mt Eden Dubstep” happens to be the son of a good friend of mine - the same guy that produced and mixed those songs of mine last October. Of course he was familiar with my voice after that session, and it seems these boys are looking for a certain type of voice, and he immediately thought of me and made the recommendation. :open_mouth:

Coffee meeting tomorrow to discuss further… :astonished:

Cool :sunglasses:

Best of luck Ian.

Even though I’ve never met you in person, could I tell my friends I knew you before you were famous, when you were just one of us idiots wasting time on the Cubase forum?

Lol, we helped him craft that particular snare sound present in all his hit records :smiley:

Ian’s already famous! When’s the world tour??? :wink: :sunglasses:

Cool, Ian! :sunglasses:

You calling me an idiot?? :astonished:
:laughing:

Well, had the coffee meeting. Ed’s gonna send me over a demo of the tune in question in due course, and then at some stage I’ll probably record a vocal at his wee studio “The Shed”. I have no expectation of ‘fame and fortune’! :laughing: if I’m lucky I might get a bit of pocket money though none was actually mentioned. Ed reckons their album globally will probably sell in HUGE quantities. :open_mouth:

I have to admit, I don’t get this dubstep thing, nor their live ‘performance’. A couple of kids that know nothing about music tinkering around with Fruityloops. When they ‘perform’ - well all they seem to do is sit on stage with their MAC Pro, a 6-pack and fiddle with a few knobs now and then :confused: E.g.

No, dude. He just managed to insult every active member here on this forum (with style).

:smiley: Does look like that doesn’t it? :laughing:

Perhaps they simply misplaced the “m” :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

Well, myself included! In a friendly way!
Really, though, I hope you get something good out of it, at least one out of that sixpack!

Go for it Ian. You should sort out a proper fee and/or a percentage for this though mate if this is likely to sell well. Especially where friends are concerned as well. You wouldn’t want to ruin a good friend ship because of some kind of up in the air agreement.

Good luck. :sunglasses:

I guess the tshirt that girl was showing in the video says it all really.

“■■■■ treble”.

That’s how much they care about music.

Me too, feckin awful :smiley:

Attaboy, Ian!! Your personal reservations aside, just reach down deep
And give’em the dullest, most maudlin delivery you can muster. :slight_smile:

Shouldn’t be too hard :laughing: