It's on the Online Shop.

well well! this was also a requested feature!
basically, it’s all a part of the whole ‘smart tool’ request as implemented with S1, Ableton Live and other daws.

Yep! it works! wow… a new feature in 8.5
ok keep reading!

can you also erase a note with double clicking? altering note length while inserting a note by dragging left and right?

Oh just found another new feature, you can adjust the end of a midi note (the length) by holding down the ctrl key whilst making the note!

ok that makes 2 new features!.. woohoo

no you cant erase double clicking but you can adjust the length by holding CTRL, double checked

so eventually they implemented the smart tool request as in S1, that’s good news

from the manual:

Deleting Note Events
You can delete note events with the Erase tool, the Object Selection tool or the Drumstick tool.

PROCEDURE
• Perform one of the following actions:
•Select the Erase tool and click the event.
•Select the Object Selection tool and double-click the event.
•Select the Drumstick tool and click the event.
RESULT
The note event is deleted.

if i double click a note it brings up the little white midi box for editing per note midi automation

my bad. I read the part related to the drum editor. too early to be happy! :wink:

I read on KVRaudio that at least (2) Cubase users “got a link”…

Sounds like the start of some kind of pandemic. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

Another new feature seems to be a ‘profile’ manager… it seems pretty simple but might be useful for people sharing a workstation

Yes, I saw that too.
It’s a small feature, but useful sometimes… :slight_smile:

Cant wait for the official release with all the cool videos so we can truly see what new features it has cause from what im hearing/seeing, my fingers aren’t running to the shop to download.

On another note, why don’t steinberg stop making releases beginning of December and instead just drop it on Black Friday when everyone’s wallets are ready. I probably couldn’t upgrade even if i wanted to with all the bf deals I spent money on

I can clearly see a head rolling at asknet.com

seems if you draw a midi note with Snap turned off if you hold shift it slips the start of the note, hold alt + shift and it slips the end of the note. if you have snap on, it moves by your quantize ammount

you can also draw your cycle region in the timeline bar, and disabling + enabling cycle changes the colour of the cycle region from purple to white. you can enable cycle or disable it by clicking the timeline bar

ego te absolvo, my son.

Now we have that out of the way… can you comment on any major BUG FIXES?

tell me a bug and i’ll tell you if it is fixed :slight_smile:

Would you be good enough to post the Release History info? The major fixes are usually on pg 1.

I am going to presume this accidental release is the final 8.5 release from the lack of communication on the forum from Steinberg saying otherwise. If so it doesn’t sound like much of an update, there must be more to than what is being reported so far.

Come on Steinberg, as it has been accidentally leaked to the shop and a couple of people got hold of it I think at least some official statement should be made as to what is happening, your silence on the situation is a let down and a put off from actually wanting to open my wallet for a purchase when it does officially arrive.

Although at the reported accidental purchase price of 50Euro, that translates to £35UK I would happily pay that for the few improvements that have been talked about, but the price was likely an accident too and the official release will be somewhat more.

but the price was likely an accident too and the official release will be somewhat more

Err…they already released some .5 updates you know…guess what the price was :wink:

Interesting… Kind of a soft-release preview teaser thing? I hope there’s good beta-testing and alpha-testing teams working hard to make Cubase better. As it is now, the more I learn it, the more I like it.

I like upgrades that do not completely trash my previous set-ups and learning curve, which is what MS has done so many times with releases of Word and its other products. I’m hopeful that the next version will provide noticeable improvements in performance and stability; more than anything else those are what I value in audio and midi recording technology.

Looking forward to the official release. :slight_smile: