Key-Command for simple triplets?

I guess we need two different shortcuts: one to create a single tuplet, and another one to create sticky tuplets. And the same with grace notes (except we probably need three shortcuts, for one grace note, two, or a longer string of them…)

And then we need another keyboard input device with more keys for all the short new cuts. Oops, people have already started buying and using those!

Eventually, somebody is going to say “hey, why don’t we have a display of all the short cuts on the screen, so we can select which one we want with a mouse instead of having to remember all those shortcuts. If we use icons instead of words, it won’t take up much screen space”… :wink:

Sure but you can create hacks/workarounds for anything. If the piece I’m scoring has an occasional triplet or grace note (frankly like most of the music I score) then why is it intuitive to have stickiness on by default?

I would find a non-sticky tuplet option useful, too.

I remember a thread where it was discussed whether triplets on grace notes had a meaning or not… Just sayin’…

Nonsense: the Dorico Team simply needs to make a custom version of Dorico for each person who complains.
Perhaps one that reads the user’s mind and just does whatever he or she is thinking needs doing. That way we skip the “I have to press two buttons instead of one” crisis and can produce a no-button version (completely integrated with Cubase, naturally).:laughing:

Funniest thing I’ve read on this forum! :laughing:

I had all the same complaints and to end them once and for all I just dig into my life savings and got the Stream Deck recommended by Dank. Never been so happy with a purchase!

Cubase and Reaper DAW set the standard for being able to customize just about everything. Between the custom key commands for anything you can think of, macros to automate repetitive tasks, logical editor in Cubase, and Reaper’s ability to pretty much customize your own user interface, these programs seem farther ahead in this type of thing than notation programs.

Somewhere hidden in Dorico is a macro API that you can program in Lua. That’s a step further forward than “product A” and “product B”, at least.

But so far, it’s not got much attention while bigger gaps were being filled in. Once guitar tab out of the way, and with luck combining parts for scores, and some more play mode functionality, then maybe …

Unless by that time, all the power users are too busy using Stream Deck to care about macros, of course :wink:

I mentioned it in another thread also but, I made a video explaining how to switch On and Off the tuplets button with a Key-Command using Keyboard Mastro.
It’s work only on Mac 