Key Commands for the three Select Tool Options

There are so many key command options, why not make one for each of the three select tools? It drives me crazy that when I’m editing (and for example using the comp tool but then going back and forth to the select tool), I press 1 to make sure I’m on the select tool (or if I’m not on it, to select it), and I have to cycle through the 3 different “select tool” options (time stretch, etc).

And similarly, why not offer separate key commands for Bar, Beat, etc grid options. I’m also scrolling through those and having to look up at my screen to figure out which one I’m on.

+1 to separate the key command for Object select tool and its subtools. I would prefer to use a modifier key to switch among them. (I do the same thing as cinematree)

Yep.

Basically… ALL the key commands that round-robin should be broken out into separate functions for each choice. I’m thinking of the Monitor thingee right now.

Yeah, it would be great to have for the four monitoring options also.

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

Regards :sunglasses:

+1

Sorry, I’d even prefer to have the comp tool as a fourth option of the arrow tool…

OK, but why does that make you not want to have key commands available for all the different tool options - including the comp tool if it were added as an option (of course it already does have a key command).

That’s not the case :wink: I really like options that make anything more customizable, so I’m more than ok with different commands for different tool options as long as the current style is kept alive. In the past some great new features killed some old but useful habits (making music while the fingers work the keyboard without taking more than 0,00000000000000001 % of brain power).

+1