Key Commands / Generic Remote Listings

Here’s a couple of pdfs some might find helpful.

One is a listing of all available Key Commands/Generic Remote Commands by category.
Available Generic Remote commands are pretty similar to Key Commands, but not 100% so.

The second is a chart of Key Combinations, and the Key Commands mapped thereto.
The key mappings are the default ones, plus some extra ones I have added myself.

Still a work in progress!!!

Best
Andy

Just discovered the work done by JMCecil, Steve in Chicago and cubic13 on these a few years ago [how come I missed it back then??].
It certainly gazzumps anything I’ve done…have a look if you’re interested in KC’s / Generic Remote programming

So, I’m a bit of an idiot. What does the thing Cecil create do?

You use Key commands every time you use Cubase/Nuendo (and probably every other Comp program!)
They are the responses the program makes when you press a key (or combination of modifier/key) on the computer keyboard [eg Ctrl+O =Open, Ctrl+N=New etc. etc.) If you select a menu, you will see the commands available, and some of them have a KeyCombi on the right hand side…pressing the KeyCombi is the equivalent of clicking the item with the mouse. However these KC’s work without having to go to the menu, thus speeding up any process. That’s the point in using KeyCombis in any program - it’s quicker, particularly for anyone with good typing skills.

There are almost 2000 documented commands available in Cubase/Nuendo.
There are 660 Key Combis - [ie All the keys on the keyboard, unmodified, and modified by Shift,Ctrl,Shift+Ctrl,Alt,Shift+Alt, Ctr+Alt,Shift+Ctrl+Alt.]

So, not enough key combis to cover all commands, and you probably wouldn’t want that…a bit too much brain cells required. So, the program allows you to assign key commands. [File/Keycommands - or by it’s own default Key Command, letter K…] Here you can alter , which Key Combis call up which commands.

So, what we’ve been working at is to provide a visual reference of which Key Commands are mapped where - you can see the used KeyCombis - and also the free ones, if you want to set one up.

There are related areas I’m working on - Macros, and the Generic Remote - all basically mining the related xml files to make useful info available.

That’s about it, I think!

I know how to use key commands, I just didn’t know what the purpose was of the document. It seems like a good idea “to provide a visual reference of which Key Commands are mapped where - you can see the used KeyCombis - and also the free ones, if you want to set one up.”, so good work.