Please let us assign the Mouse Wheel Up and Down. That would let Cubasers effortlessly use their Mouse Wheel for Zooming, and even more (see exhaustive list of actions below) in all situations.
This will let us, for example, Zoom in the Sequencer the way we like with the Mouse Wheel or Nudging Clips / Midi-Notes, Slipping Clip’s Content, and Re-Ordering Track Fx with the Mouse Wheel.
I’ve gathered the most commonly assigned Modifiers over several “professional’s habits forming” softwares such as: Adobe Photoshop CC, After Effect, Premiere, Microsoft Word, Google Chrome, Waves EQs, Logic X, FL Studio 12 (don’t laugh, it became an amazing DAW), Apple Final Cut, Acid Pro 7 (soon to finally become 8) and so on.
“MW” means “Mouse Wheel”
Mouse hovering the Sequencer zone:
• MW (no modifiers) = Scroll Vertically up/down
• SHIFT+MW = Scroll Horizontally up/down
• CTRL+MW = Horizontal Zoom in/out (centered on pointer’s location)
• ALT+MW = Vertical Zoom in/out (centered on pointer’s location)
Mouse hovering a Midi Note (in the In-Place, Lower Zone and Windowed Midi Editor):
• MW (no modifiers) = nudge Midi Note left/right (according to current zoom’s grid lines)
• CTRL+MW (on a Midi Note) = Increase / Decrease Volume of the Note’s Velocity Stem
Mouse hovering the black & white Piano keys (in the In-Place, Lower-Zone and Windowed Midi Editor):
• ALT+MW = Vertical Zoom
Mouse hovering a Midi or Audio Clip (in the Sequencer zone):
• CTRL+ALT+MW = Nudge audio or midi clip left/right (when pointer is hovering the Clip’s title/label) (according to current zoom’s grid lines)
• CTRL+ALT+MW = Slip audio or midi content of the clip left/right (when pointer is hovering the Clip’s content) (according to current zoom’s grid lines)
Mouse hovering an Fx slot in the rack of a Mixer Track:
• MW (no modifiers) = Re-order (move up/down) Fx position in its rack
I’m 100% positive, without a doubt, that all Cubase users all over the world will bless you for this.
And all “spies” will be like “oh let me print that real quick and show it to the devs”.