Klarinette (H Be)

Yes, but it is not correct for german instrument names.

You may have overlooked it, but Antonio_E, who you were answering to, was specifically setting instrument names to English, therefore expecting them to read “in Bb”. :wink:

Yes you are right.
There is a new problem turning up, some people would prefer to use german instrument names and english note names. Now that is confusing - and I don’t see, how a software should be able to solve this.

Well, given the options Dorico currently provides, this would already be perfectly doable:
Set “Instrument names” to “German” => “Klarinette”
Set “Notennamen in deutschen Instrumentnamen” to “Englisch (Bb / B)” => “B” instead of “H”
Set “Vorzeichen in 
” to “Notensymbol verwenden” => “Bb”

The only thing is that it seems to be a tiny bug that Dorico does not respect the second option correctly when Dorico is itself set to run in German.
But, generally speaking, all the options Dorico now provides would perfectly allow for the request to combine German instrument names with English indications of transposition. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Estigy,
my guess is, there is a function under the hood, where displaying transposed view or concert view might use some of the information stored here. That’s why it has to follow a logic. Or needs additional programming for these cases

It’s nitpicking, I know, but there doesn’t exist anything like Bb in German (“Bes??”). It’s only an English term meaning indeed B in German. What you are referring to is called Heses, which is a “double-down-altered” H :wink:

Eddo, we know. And we already established this. Please read the whole thread :wink:

Estigy Hello,
I did indeed read the thread in its entirety and was referring to k_b’s answer to Antonio_E :wink:

Unfortunately, the switching in the display of the instruments does not work as planned. Do I have a wrong setting ?
Bb or B

Thanks
 a great update !!!
Windows 10

(I moved your post here @Eggi to avoid duplicating the same issues over and over in separate threads.)

Hey pietzcker,
Its labelled correctly as u already said in full score. But if u use the default token in the parts it’s the player name not the instrument name. In that Case check which token it’s using :blush:

I cannot confirm on Mac:

I have a completely different issue here though: I cannot get “Trompete in Bb”, only “Trompete in B♭”

“Notennamen in Deutschen Instrumentennamen” does not have any effect at all when changed.

Only, when I change the second to last option to “Notensymbol verwenden” does it actually work (Horn now correctly showing B instead of H, but Trumpet and Clarinet showing B♭, instead of Bb"

I have the same problem it doesnt work in instrument part

I have the same problem this the tolken.
It is normal or not .
What I have missing.
Can you help me please

tranp3

Will show you what I mean when at home. The stuff is working right. The only thing is which token you use in the part layout. As already said. The instrument will shown correctly. Give me about 1h and I will post a screenshot :slight_smile:

ok but trumpet in sib instead of Bb I don’t understand

I don’t think staff labels are working right. Check out my second screenshot.

In the single Layout yeah there it’s not working but the rest is fine. But u can just change the layout Name or Player Name to whatever you want :slight_smile:

Only in that next one there is an error, but as i said :slight_smile:
Not a real big thing to fix

no in the full score it doesn’t work properly either with the trumpet in si bĂ©mol notation

It works in exactly your case, but in my case it doesn‘t follow the rules I set. I wanted German names with English Letters and I still had „Horn in H“.