Launch Control XL MIDI Remote

Hi Oqion,
so,
It happens on all pages. This knob seams dead to cubase. I tried on Ableton and it works fine. So this is not a hardware issue.

It is the 37

It happens on all kind of tracks. No matter which one is selected.

If I get what you mean, I am on the arrangement view. Lower zone activated.

Something more, hope it helps for the code.
If I try to move the knob 37, it blocks 23 or 24 for sometime. You have to hit 3 times 23 or 24 to see the page changing.

And you are on a mac right?

What page of the midi remote are you on? Mixer, Track, Sends, Instrument

Two things.

1. You did in fact find another defect. The code was making the FQCs on the Instrument page bound to the Track Page. Thank you again for finding this bug.
  2. It shouldn’t be effecting the paging, and that is likely do do the difference in OS.

I have updated all of the links or zip files in this thread, and pushed a fix to Git!

To solve the OS problem:

First delete the script from within Cubase.

Then

Take this .js file, and replace it in your file system

…Steinberg\Cubase\MIDI Remote\Driver Scripts\Local\Novation\Launch_Control_XL

Then reload the scripts.

Novation_Launch_Control_XL.zip (14.5 KB)

I have moved that midiremote file to several different Windows systems and the paging seems to work okay (other than the defect of course).
I think this has to do with the difference in OS.

Also, if it does work, could you export the midiremote and share it back here?

On a Mac m1 system with cubase 12.0.0
And I am sorry for that but the problem still resists

Yea, I was just updating everything, see my edit above.

So… please do the process again with the updated zip. So Sorry.
( I had to reboot my coding machine so it took a moment. )

I followed all the steps you mentioned before. I did it twice. I am afraid nothing solved. Now there is still the problem with the 37 knob and the stuck Cue issue page.

I try to do a new midi remote from scratch. Anyway, thank you for your time. I really appreciate it.

Thank you for the QA work!!! I really appreciate your patience!
I have updated every link on this thread. And am downloading everything now to make sure I didn’t muck something up.

1 Like

As to the Cue Page issue, Once it get’s in to Cubase, Cubase wants to keep it, and you have to go back and delete it. This shouldn’t happen for anyone else that never got the Cue Page in the first place.

Deleting the appropriate json file from here might fix it too:
…\Steinberg\Cubase\MIDI Remote\User Settings

This is the zip file you want:

I just re-downloaded that and tested it quickly. It looks right.

Still does not work. Maybe you need to fix something on the .syx file.
In the meantime I started to do a version of mine.
I will upload soon.

I just checked the sysex file in the zip, and it is correct.

It appears that there is a defect in the MR scripting from Cubase where MIDI Tracks are not recognized, even when the script specifically requests MIDI tracks to be included.

This will cause the controls for that track in the mixer page to not do anything if there are not at least 8 recognized tracks.

If anyone else has a M1 Mac and can test the script, I would be very grateful.
It has been tested on an Intel Mac.

Thank you for saving me a great deal of effort, haz a hug :hugs: and my respect

1 Like

Just wanted to say, awesome work @oqion !
You set the bar on how to share remote scripts with fellow users. The instructions and operations manual is first class! :+1:

1 Like

An update. I have tested with 12.0.2 and everything seems to still work as it did before with one exception.

The Mixer page will now seem to allow one to select multiple tracks at the same time. In actuality this only happens when no track is mapped to the select button. Not sure why it is different, or how to change it. I’m still hoping for some fixes to the way the mixer interacts with midi tracks, and to have more control over what midi is returned to the device.

Note that the Mackie HUI setting on the LCXL itself WILL still work and is an alternative option to the MIxier page. Also note that by setting the page to the Sends page before selecting Mackie Hui or “factory” template 8, the top two rows of knobs will function as track and focus quick controls.

Until there are updates to the scripting environment Factory Template 8 (Mackie HUI) may be preferable to the Mixer page.

Also, I have been able to test the Que page, and have found no defects.

If there are any requests for new pages, or changes please feel free to put them here. I will get to them when I can.

Can this unit be used to control CC-11? I don’t want to buy it before I know that it would work. Alternatively, I have a Launchkey 37 keyboard, and would also welcome advice on how to control CC-11 with that.

Assigning C11 on track quick controls

One can assignCC11 (Expression) or any other Standard CC, or commonly used CC, like 21 etc. to Track Quick Controls.

If you are using an Instrument Track then assigning the CC to one of the Track Quick Controls (The ones I have set to green) will work. Note, the Instrument page uses the Faders for Track Quick Controls specifically for this purpose.

However, you can NOT directly use a CC on a MIDI track. There are many issues with MIDI tracks right now, and hopefully they will be fixed soon.

To work around this issue you can use one of the other 7 user templates on the LCXL itself. You get 8 total, and this MR Script is hard coded to use the 8th user template. That leaves 7 more to do whatever you want with. The template is also using channel 16, so you get 15 user channels from the device as well.

Here is an example I don’t use as much as I use to, as I have not been using MIDI tracks as much as I use to, and instead using Instrument tracks directly more often, and using FQCs and automation rather than MIDI tracks. There are some downsides to this, and I may switch back, Anyway, but this on user template 1, and have at it.

Common CC+QC.zip (360 Bytes)

Also note that the MIDI tracks do not work with the mixer either, and you may want to use the HUI integration on the LCXL until they fix this. (I don’t but I also only use the mixer page in banks of audio tracks where it isn’t confusing.)