License Problem - Same owner to different machine

I really want to avoid any problem whilst transferring my soft e license and have found it frustratingly complicated to get direct contact with anyone to help so I’m here in the forum and really hoping someone who see’s this can direct me to avoid ANY problems. Currently the cubase license is on a laptop and we have since purchased a studio pc and want to move cubase to this new machine. With all the trouble we initially had licensing cubase we are assuming this is not going to be an easy process. Can someone give us a step by step guide how to do this? Our studio is situated in China and there is no direct Steinberg contact for this country listed here. Yes it is a valid, payed and bought for copy that came with a UR824 we purchased…not a Chinese copy…and as I say it is currently all registered to our laptop. I’m really disappointed how difficult this is…it is also seems not a great thing that we can’t have a program we paid for on our own two machines. I do understand they need to keep a control on piracy but fare go hey? Anyway that doesn’t seem to be a possibility without a hard e liciencer dongle which we don’t have so…PLEASE…how to move this over?

This topic has a section on moving to a new machine or hard drive…

It seems you already know about moving the license to the USB dongle…
HTH
J.L.