licensing issue

I installed the latest eLicenser (6.12.5.1278). I also purchased Cubase 11 Elements update (from Cubase Elements 10). When I try to enter the activation code I notice the code length does not match the “XXXX-XXXX…” in the activation window. After I paste the Cubase activation code into the licenser text box, hit eneter, I get an error message saying that I do not have the latest eLicenser software?
Capture.GIF
Capture1.GIF

you have to activate from Steinberg Download Assistant…

I opened a chat with them just now. They said “Hello,
We are very sorry for the current issues with the license activation process. The servers are up and running, but there are currently just too many activation requests.
If a license activation could not be completed successfully or if the previous license appears to be missing, please be patient and wait until the initial peak of requests has decreased. Then use the ‘Maintenance’ button in the eLicenser Control Center that is installed as a separate application on your system. This should resume interrupted downloads and can recover apparently missing licenses. If the activation code is required in the eLicenser Control Center, please note that you should find it in your MySteinberg account.
Again, we are very sorry for this inconvenience and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible”

Having the same issue here. Purchased the update of Cubase pro 11… And no, I can’t activate it from the download assistant either… Getting an error-code ‘dre-417’… This is a mess.

Same as the post above me ^

What a mess indeed…

I am also getting the ‘dre-417’ error.

Support must be going crazy right now!

Pete

You already paid, so probably not. Lol… most people won’t ask for a refund over this, especially when they’ll just turn around and buy it again within a week or two.

I’m getting the same error.

I think the change in how the software is activated is at the root of this. The system was probably not tested at scale. They should have just given people eLCC Activation Codes. A bit issue is that you can’t even attempt to activate the software because the SDA is practically broken and can’t generate an eLCC Activation Code to do so.

Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if they shut down the server that SDA uses to generate activation codes so that people who had their Cubase Pro 10/10.5 licenses held hostage can get up and running. It doesn’t seem like it’s even attempting to do anything. It just errors out immediately.

Same problem here… Sigh

likewise… wtf?

Same problem here too. Wow here I thought this company really had it together. Incredible. Been purchasing software for many many years and never seen anything this poorly thought out

Same problem here too. Wow here I thought this company really had it together. Incredible. Been purchasing software for many many years and never seen anything this poorly thought out

I am also getting the same problem. The Steinberg Assistant gives error dre-417 when I try to enter the activation code sent in the e-mail. Also when doing the same in the website, I am getting error Kein AC, whatever that is. When trying to enter it into the e-Licenser control centre, it is saying to check the code is correct. Trying to get Cubase 11 Pro registered, and it isn’t letting me. I am on Mac OS Catalina.

same issue here, extremely frustrating !!!

The problem has been the same for me, here in Australia. For the past 15 hours, the error message has remained the same - stating that the elicense server cannot be connected. I take it that it is down.

Also getting dre-417. :blush:

Ditto here with the dte-417 error in SDA …

Same here - Dr. Dre-417 …

Still getting DRE-417!!!

Same here

Same issue here