Limitations of Audio Unit extensions
Below please find the summary of known issues / limitations when using Audio Unit extensions with Cubasis 1.9.8.
Cubasis 1.9.8 - Limitations of Audio Unit extensions
• Using multiple instances of an Audio Unit plug-in in a Cubasis project, or quickly switching between projects that contain Audio Unit instances can lead to AU instrument loading issues, instabilities, or render Cubasis unreliable.
We expect this iOS bug to be fixed by Apple sometime soon. If you encounter loading errors with Audio Unit instances please try to load these plug-ins manually using the “reload” button or quit and restart Cubasis to reload your project.
• Performing edits in a project that contains Audio Unit plug-ins during playback can lead to temporary timing issues. A workaround for this iOS related issue is planned to be released with the next Cubasis update.
• The maximum number of Audio Units that can be loaded in a project depends on the device in use. Memory and CPU limits can be exceeded by loading just a few Audio Unit instruments or effects, resulting in errors or stuttering during playback.
• Loading complex Audio Unit plug-ins can take some time, even on newer devices, since the process is comparable to loading a complete app inside Cubasis.
• If an Audio Unit plug-in fails to load, Cubasis might also become unresponsive or unreliable. If you encounter problems, please quit and restart Cubasis. Cubasis cannot compensate for issues caused by 3rd party Audio Unit plug-ins.
• Depending on the Audio Unit plug-in “state saving” might not be supported. As a result, plug-in parameters are reset to their default values every time a project is reloaded.