Lock the Playback cursor to mouse when zooming from timeline

Just a note, the “Zoom while Locating in Time Scale” in the Preferences, no longer seems to have any influence on this function :wink:
Furthermore, perhaps it’s just my installation, the zoom preset pallet appears to be empty apart from the Full, Locators, Add and Organize selections (6 minutes → 1ms are all missing) regardless of timeline format.

this i think was filed as issue i think, however this…

…i’d report if it’s really the case.

Yes you’re right, just checked Zoom while Locating in Time Scale is indeed corroborated.

Regarding the zoom presets, the presets are stored in the \Presets\RAMPresets.xml, so I might check the difference between my C7.5 RAMPresets.xml and the C8 ones (and add them if missing) I know for a fact they are present in C7.5.
I was really just wondering if any one else could confirm they are generally missing in C8.

I checked the RAMPresets.xml in both 7.5 and 8 and they (as well as a number of other presets) are missing in 8. The file in 7.5 is 72KB while in 8 it is only 21KB. I don’t think it wise to exchange the files nor add missing excerpts because there may have been changes in how these are handled, some entries have been moved to a new Windows Layouts.xml,not to mention differing ID Numbers and names.

This issue has NOT been fixed in the latest 8.10 update! Why?!?

It is amazing that Steinberg can’t fix this annoying new “feature”

Agreed; there is no way it’s a feature as it’s behavior is completely unpredictable and erratic.

Maybe we all need to learn German and post into the Deutsch side of Steinberg forums? Maybe they listen to them more?

This issue has now also been ported to the new Elements 8 release. Thanks so much! Grrr… :frowning:

My guess is that they’re saying the same thing over there, except about the english boards :wink:

I can confirm this as well on my Mac Pro. Please fix-it.

And, please let us bypass the delay on click/drag in the timeline to zoom.

thank you,
Peter

Having the same mouse issue. PLEASE FIX ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY !!!

Hi,

same here.

I actually got used to it, but it looks like a mean little Bug.

Regards,
Paul

It might be a redesigned feature, but the locator becoming detached from the mouse cursor can’t be intended behavior.

This should get another chance at Issue Reports.

Still not addressed in the 10.20 update! 6-months in, is SB even considering this as an “issue”?

No, because a moderator removed this from Issue Reports. It might be worth reporting it through the helpdesk (technical support).

If you’re asking if it’s considered a bug, no. Bug = a feature that doesn’t work as it was intended to. This was redesigned, and some users don’t like it at all (which understates the fact! :wink: ) So in SB parlance it’s a feature request, which I would phrase thusly: “Lock the Playback cursor to the mouse when zooming on the timeline”

“feature request” officially submitted to support 6/4.

It’s just strange that it’s a feature request for a feature that was previously implemented.

:laughing: yes. The convolution of it does reverberate. :wink: