Locking mixer configuration

Hi,
I know this question has been asked before in both Cubase and Nuendo forums but still can’t find a workable solution.

I set up multiple mixer configurations for Drums, Vocals and Synths etc. and every time i add a new element in the arrangement window such as an FX bus or midi track. This is replicated across all mixer configs which means i have to spend time deselecting and updating each config etc. It may not seem an issue but it can be time consuming across a session.

One answer would be not to set up mixer configs till ready to mix with all elements added but this seems a waste of a good idea. What would be preferable is, when creating a new element, you select which config it is associated with. For example, a new drum bus is created and is assigned only to the selected config not across all of them.

Maybe i’m missing something and there is a way of locking the configs and if so, would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

VMM

Hi and welcome,

The question has been answered many times on the forum already. It’s specified, like this. Cubase is working this way by purpose, because Cubase doesn’t want to hide any track/channel, the user doesn’t hide by himself.

Hi Martin,
Thank you for your reply and for your welcome. It seems odd that a simple option in the mix window and or the preferences to toggle between hide & show new tracks etc. would solve this? As explained, across a session it’s time consuming to have to hide tracks from unrelated configurations and becomes frustrating. Just seems very odd that given the amount of control the user has over Cubase, this simple option is unavailable.

If anyone has a work around for the time being that i’ve missed, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
VMM

Hi,

As far as I know, Steinberg tries to avoid Preferences, if it’s really not necessary. I mean, if the users are clearly 50/50 then the preference makes sense. In this case, I’m not sure, how big the group is. I mean, there is definitely a group of users, whose would welcome this.

Please, find the Feature Request, already posted on this topic here on the forum. Or change this thread to the Feature Request, please.

Hi Martin,
Apologies but how do i change this to a Feature request? Would it easier to delete and re-post in the feature request section?
Thanks
VMM

Hi,

Just add the Feature Request tag, please.

This is the feature request @Martin.Jirsak talked about. Give it a vote, please!