:mrgreen:
(jokin´ apart)
:wink:

Maryanne! :astonished: :sunglasses:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ginger and Maryanne!!

Gotta think big!

:wink:

yes, maybe it is not possible to expect everything in one daw yet.

Central, i do not work every day in logic. Just when i worked in an other studio for two years.
I liked it a lot but the way to edit midi in cubase is just good for my use. I have no problems with it at all.
I guess you mean the way to work with the midi parts in the logic sequencer? this feels so easy… but i do not agree with the cubase plugs. especially the chorus plugin could be much better… But thats the reason i owned uad and waves… i simply use this stuff on most mixes.
time to build up a second workstation…

We line in a “golden era” of unprecedented flexibility withthe DAW… yet has this inspired music that competes with the great tunes of yesterday? Not that I’ve heard

Equipment does not equal inspiration.

I’ve heard music which people of yesteryear could not have possibly imagined.

What/who might that be, and where can I listen to it?

Yep…
< 5 second intro
Hook pt 1
Hook pt 2

But I think part of the problem is lack of support for (what we consider) great inspired music. To be fair, the past is the past, and there is some pretty cool music out there at present. I’ve taking a liking to some of the more recent heavy progressive stuff.

Imogen Heap might fit the bill here? Google’s your friend :wink: .

Mauri.

Well of course there’s great music being made out there right now. But in terms of both quantity and quality, it’s not on the same level as even 20 years ago. I speak as a person who for years bought 4 or 5 records a week, but now am down to 1 maybe 2. And of course, I don’t dismiss assertions that I’m just getting older

Musicians are and have always been more accepting of new trends in music, so age is far less of a factor for musicians IMHO.

However, what you say is true. Music has gone downhill. Music is an expensive hobby now. There isn’t enough money to support the expenses unless you make a lot of money with a day job or have a sponsor, or both.

It’s not just that, however. Electronic devices are sapping the intelligence from people, as they turn to the easy answers of the internet, while eschewing the much longer process of understanding why something is, rather than just finding out how to do it, or just finding the answer (which, as we know, could be right or wrong).

team, the chorus is even really an inappropriate example :wink: So I agree with you :wink:
but check out and compare Cubase´s EQ/Vintagecomp/Phaser/Reverence/VSTAmp vs. Logic´s Space Designer/Chan. EQ/Comp/Phaser/Amp: Cubase wins. No kidding. It’s about the sound, not misleading 3d spacey colorful knobs in addition…

good third-party overtrumps all onboard plugins, it does not matter what daw…
:sunglasses:

+1

I don’t agree, the mods are damned if they do, and damned if they don’t excercise some humour occasionally :unamused: .

Mauri.

+1

I would agree, some light-hearted humour is always good.

I agree about humor. I didn’t find it all that humorous really. To me it sounded like a stupid shot at another product by an official rep who’d rather not just directly intelligently discuss some of the disadvantages of the Cubase dongle… but instead take a shot at a product which doesn’t have a dongle.

It’s perfectly ok to disagree about that though. I just found it… unusual?.. for an official rep to join in on the “humorous bashing” of Logic … albeit just a little.

And again, Cubase’s dongle has never been a major issue for me so… whatever melts your ice cream.

Anyway, Cubase and Logic do have one thing in common… you have to leave the mixer in both to move a mixer channel like in 1982. :laughing: See? I can do humor.

Yeah, it’s cool, to me it just seemed like some light hearted ribbing at a ‘neighbour’.

Cheers,

Mauri.