Lost purchases when updating to 3.3

Hi. I just got the new iPad Pro, and installed Cubasis - 3.3.1
Although install went OK, none of my prior in-app purchases carried over.
Hit the “restore purchases” button, and only 1 of 8 came back.

Spoke with Steinberg support. They claimed it was an Apple issue, and to call them.
Called Apple and spent an hour on the phone testing with them. They correctly show my purchases in my Apple account, and documented the correct functioning of my new iPad.
They feel its a Steinberg server issue.

Help please.
Suggestions welcomed.

Hi @tfiala,

Thanks for your message.

Please check the following steps:

• Make sure that you’re signed in with the same Apple ID you used to make the previous purchase.
  • Fully shut down and restart your device
  • Launch Cubasis, go to the App Store and tap “Restore purchases”

In some cases, it might help to temproarily enable the iOS Cloud feature.

Please let me know if this helps.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Lars:

Thanks for contacting me.
No improvement with those suggestions, unfortunately.
The plug ins that didn’t restore are: Waves plug-in bundle, Waves AudioTrack, Waves L1, Waves Q10, Mucrologue ARP, Classic Machines and FX Pack 1.
Curiously, FX Pack 2 restores correctly.

Tom

Hi @tfiala,

Although install went OK, none of my prior in-app purchases carried over.

Please let me know which Cubasis version was installed, when buying these IAPs.
Was it Cubasis 2? In other words, could it be required to follow the IAP transfer process here?

Best wishes,
Lars

Yes, initially, I would have purchased them with Cubasis 2, which with time got updated to Cubasis 3, on the first iPad.
(Should that matter to the user?)
What is this “IAP transfer process” that you mention? And how come Sternberg’s help desk didn’t mention it?

Tom

Hi @tfiala,

Thanks for your message and clarification.

With the release of Cubasis 3, we’ve added the custom option to allow customers to freely transfer their existing instrument and effect in-app from Cubasis 2 to Cubasis 3. This is completely different from restoring existing purchases (see below for more info to this topic).

Please follow the steps mentioned here, to transfer your Cubasis 2 instrument and effect IAPs to Cubasis 3 free of charge:

• Make sure Cubasis 2.8.2 or later is installed on your iPad
  • Launch Cubasis 3 and open the in-app shop
  • Follow the instructions shown in the IAP Transfer pop-up

Important
In some cases, it is required to open the in-app shop in Cubasis 2, once the app has launched itself (being triggered from the “Transfer” popup button).

As mentioned on the App Store, we recommend to exchange with us via this forum!

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

Explanation / Restore Purchases on iOS
Apple requires all apps that support in-app purchases to have a Restore Purchase button. It lets you transfer in-app purchases to other devices (such as a new iPhone ).

Thanks for that tip.
For those following along, one has to download Cubasis 2 (along with Cubasis 3) on the new iPad, open that, and do the transfer thing. My IAP’s are now correctly restored.
It’s a truly" unique" update system…
Lars - thanks. And please make sure the Steinberg “help desk” knows to recommend this - because they didn’t in my case.

Hi @tfiala,

Thanks for the update, glad to read you’re up and running…

In addition, please check out these threads to find many more tipps, tricks and tutorials…

Hope that helps!

Nest wishes,
Lars