Mackie MCU

I just bought Nuendo 12 to run on a Mac. I have a Mackie MCU control surface on a PC running Pro Tools, It is around 3 years old.

Will it work with Nuendo 12? Does MCU need an update. Thanks,

I have an MCU Pro ( much older than 3 years ) and it runs perfectly with Cubase 11, which is where I use it.

I do have Nuendo 12 but I don’t need an
MCU for that work…

I would expect it would work though … the SB Mackie Control driver is pretty standard and has worked version after version in Cubendo for years…

Of course you could find out for sure with the Nuendo demo!

What is that.

I also have an old Presonus FaderPort that I got many years ago on ebay. I never tried it. Could it work too, What I am looking for is a fader to control overall loudness. Machine control would be nice too.

I have no idea where I pit away the MCU templates - have to look for them. lol

As I know 0 about a MAC I am reluctant to foo around.

PS there is a’ master fader’ on the Mackie but it isn’t even mentioned, other than pictured - any idea what it does

MCU works fine. Faderport should also work. I saw somewhere that someone wrote a MIDI remote script for the Faderport which should integrate it very well into Nuendo.

Cheers,
Alex

“Nuendo demo” = Nuendo trial version from the SB website.

My dealer VK suggests BEYERDYNAMIC DT 900 PRO X OPEN-BACK HEADPHONES

Yes i am a studio addict lol …s

MCU control is quite nice in Nuendo, at least through an SSL UF8. It helps that you can assign almost any command to the F1-F8 user presets, which when combined with ‘SHIFT’ get’s you 16 custom commands.

It’s not perfect, as I had to come up with a workaround to open plugin windows from the controller, but overall it’s pretty solid.

The Mackie Control works very well with Nuendo 12. The 9th fader is used to control the master fader of the bus group in Nuendo. It can be assigned to the buss you create as the master bus or to the output bus fader.

Hi John - I haven’t found how to use the 9th fader in PT in 2 years!. When I get my system setup I will look to you for advice on setting it up in my N12.

The strategy in my head (my of system hasn’t shipped yet) is to take my 9.1.4 feed from PT into into N12 and record it as well as a new rip of the source. That way I can turn off the off PT at it heats the whole whole house lol.

I totally enjoy and respect this forum and the people in it…steve

I will be happy to be of help. However, Steinberg has already written about this in the “Remote Control Devices” PDF. Its with all the manuals for Nuendo. The first thing in this manual is about the MCU.

I have the .pdf but don’t see any reference to the ‘master fader’ only 1-8…s

It isn’t mentioned but none the less it works. Have you tried setting up the MCU?

Waiting on the mac, N12 to ship . It is currently hooked to my PT where I could never get it to work…

If you have the MCU (Mackie Control Universal) It has a mode for HUI which is a PT controller protocol. In Mackie Control mode protocol is for everything else. It does work with Nuendo in that mode. Same as it does with Cubase.

Thank you. I had no problem getting the MCU to work with Pro Tools and do not anticipate any issues with N12.

My issue is with the 9th fader labeled, ‘Master’ which is shown in the manual but never mentioned in the text.

I am hoping to get it to work in N12…s