Maintenance Update VST Live 1.0.40 – now available

Hi all,

the latest maintenance update VST Live 1.0.40 is now available via Steinberg Download Assistant.

The update comes with multiple improvements such as:

• Added „Connections…“ button to missing ports dialog
  • Added slash support (C/F)
  • Added ← and → keys to select next/previous song
  • Added factory presets
  • Added Song-End action per song
  • Send changed notes to MODS clients
  • Added support to drag image files to video tracks

And multiple bug fixes. To find out more about the update, check out the version history.

There is also an update for the VST Live Mods iOS Apps available in the AppStore, the update now includes “Notes”.

3 Likes

Thanks for the improvements.
Still find some bugs from previous versions:
1- Screen sizes and Views layouts not saved with project.
2- No “e” button in lower zone mixer.
3- Can´t type “c” or space trying to save a preset inside a plugin GUI.
4- Click on a track record button and in transport bar doesn´t start recording an audio or midi track.
5- Now I see plugins in vendor folders, got to know each plugin´s vendor or type plugin name?? really?
6- In video monitor I see a green or white square in every video:

Unfortunately, even the 1.0.40 version still has so many bugs that I will stop my software testing for now.

• Lyrics entered manually in song 1 are displayed in the imported midifile song 2.
  • DMX DVC3 and DVC4 from Daslight are not recognized.
  • Title names in song list are completely renamed. All titles suddenly have the same name.
  • No version adjusted operation instructions.
  • Program crashes
    And much more. Sorry…
    I have been using Steinberg products since Atari times. With all respeck, I have never experienced such a bad software introduction at Steinberg.
1 Like

Hi @diegoalejo15

“Screen size”, do you mean the main view? This one is not saved to a project. “View Layout”. I tried it and it worked. That’s what I’ve done
. Start VL, New Project, Select LAYERS
. Opened Break-Out window of LAYERS. Size the LAYERS window and move it to pos xy.
. Select TRACKS
. Opened Break-Out window of TRACKS. Size the TRACKS window and move it to pos xy2.
. Save Project, Close VL
. Start VL and Load project. The windows are the correct position and so have the correct size.

It has been added to the Feature Request list.

Which Plug-In has those troubles? Mac, Windows?

Recording will start when you have clicked to the Record and to the Play buttons of the Transport.

We’ll add the option to choose between “category” or “vendor”.

We are really sorry. We’ll fix that as soon as possible.

See you
Michael.

Hi @Herbert_Schmitt,

I cannot reproduce that one. Can you help me? That is what I’ve done
. Start VL, New Project, Select LYRICS and create Lyrics Track
. Add Some Lyrics to 2.1, 4.1 and 6.1
. Create new Song, Select TRACKS and drag MIDI File with text to the workspace. The text of the MIDI file will be imported correctly. Select LYRCIS. Everything is looking goog
. Select SONG 1. The lyrics data will be updated

It’s a closed system. But we will contact DasLight and Nicolaudie and see what we can do.

I cannot follow you, sorry. Can you give me some more hints?

I do not understand that one, sorry.

We need the crash log files to analyse the problem. Every crash log file will help. Please have a look here
Windows : C:\Users\ (your user name) \Documents\Steinberg\CrashDumps\VST Live
Mac : /Users/your_username/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/vstlive
Please send me every file starting with “vstlive”

See you,
Michael.

1- The setlist window width is not saved, if you activate the lower zone it´s saved for all projects and the same happens with Views tabs, i.e. if you just want to have layers,stacks and tracks checked it´s saved for all projects.
3- Nexus 3, Arturia Pigments, Amplitube, Overloud TH-U, etc…
4- ok, buts this doesn´t make sense, why do I have to click 3 buttons to start recording? why doesn´t it start recording with just the transport record button and the track record?

He means the manual. It is in the making.

cannot confirm with Pigments on Windows, can type “c” or anything else w/o problems.
Particular instructions how to reproduce? I did: new project, set Layer to Pigments, save preset, type “abcde”.

I canconfirm the issue:
New project-set Layer to Pigments, “save preset as” (inside pigments, I´m not talking about saving a VL plugin preset recently implemented) if type “c” the metronome is activated, if hit space start/stop activated, for any other character I have to type it twice to see the letter appear in the name box.

Just had a bluescreen while saving.

I cannot see songs anymore in the current project and cannot add any.
It´s not empty, though.
Had to dump it and start a new one from scratch.

Also an incredible bug: When trying to save a changed preset in a NI VST instrument i cannot type [space], instead the start/stop gets triggered. Same with other hotkeys.

Also drag&drop of songs not working in the left list.

Steinberg WHERE IS YOUR QM???

Import VLSPRJ is now completely broken - can’t even import a simple project containing a single wav or aif file - just crashes.

… can you please have a look if VL saved a crash file to the following folder?
Windows : C:\Users\ (your user name) \Documents\Steinberg\CrashDumps
Mac : /Users/your_username/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/vstlive
Do you see any VST Live files?

Thank you,
Michael.

… I see. I am sorry. We’ll have a look to it!
Michael.

It’s a MacBook and users/[username]/Library does not exist.

However I have found /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports without the vstlive folder. These were in the DiagnosticReports folder…
vstlive-2022-08-07-194824.ips (50.0 KB)
vstlive-2022-08-07-194757.ips (48.6 KB)
vstlive-2022-08-07-194604.ips (49.9 KB)
vstlive-2022-08-07-194534.ips (49.8 KB)

I have to commend the very good improvements here. We tested the new “song end actions” and the “next song / previous song actions” all weekend and they work perfectly, much to our delight here even with different midi hardware. In the next step we will take care of the use of videos and graphics (the use of Images is still very important to us) and the control of the lighting system.
We are already very satisfied with the current improvements and will use VST Live at our performances in the future.

Ouch…“inside”…I see. Micha is on the case. Sorry.

We are on the case, see

Yes, thanks for the song end actions!

Is there any chance we could have an indication in the song header (by the tempo/time signature) so we know what it’s going to do. That would save a menu dive every time we want to check.

Video totally unusable.
Green cubes, artefacts, video output mis-match etc etc.