Manual for Le2 ipad

I recently started using LE Cubase 2 my iPad with my mx61. The documentation is difficult to navigate. Is there a user manual pdf? I found that a number of issues like using my mx61 as a controller, are not included or hidden. For example- I figured out that I can control sound parameters from my keyboard- layered sounds, reverb etc. Any video or pdf links appreciated.

Hi,

With iPad, you get Cubasis, not Cubase.

You can find the manual here.

Much appreciated. I am new using the app. I noticed that I can use my keyboard to edit/play the sounds. Is it possible to store the Cubasis sounds on a thumb drive and play them without using the app?

Hi,

No, this is not possible.

Thanks.

It seems that I cannot play a Cubasis instrument and my keyboard instruments at the same time, unless
the Cubasis instrument is already recorded. If that is the case, when I upload my keyboard part
to a project, what format does I use( Mp3, Wav)?

Hi,

You can record the audio signal from your keyboard to Cubasis as an Audio track directly.

Thanks. But can I play the keyboard instrument with Cubasis instrument at the same time, without recording? Or do I have to record the Cubasis instrument and the keyboard instrument separately?

Hi,

Yes, you can. You can add the Audio track, enable Monitor (to get the audio signal routed thru Cubasis). Then you can start to playback the Cubassis project (all Instruments will be audible), plus you can play your hardware instrument. It will be audible thru the Monitor-enabled Audio track.

Hi Bru1,

Welcome to the Cubasis forum!

Please check out, if our Getting started with Cubasis tutorial is of help for you, to get familiar with the app more quickly. While the tutorial probably shows features which are unavailable in Cubasis LE, it should be helpful nonetheless.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

2 Likes

Thanks, Lars. I have seen some of these videos. They are excellent resources for understanding the full capabilities of Cubase.
Best,
Bru

Thanks! This is very helpful.

Hi Bru1,

Thanks, Lars. I have seen some of these videos. They are excellent resources for understanding the full capabilities of Cubase.

Thanks for your positive feedback.

Once you’ve dived in how to use Cubasis basically, it should not be too difficult!
Hopefully our tutorials are helpful to have you up and running in no time… :slight_smile:

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars. I was having difficulty figuring out how to adjust the length and finally figured out that I can adjust it at the top with the r-l. How do I adjust the recording for an indefinite length.

Also, when I recorded two parts, only one part as heard. How do I hear multiple parts?Thanks. Bru

Hi Bru1,

If possible, please let me have further details about your requests.

Thanks
Lars

What I would like to do is use the piano from Cubasis in addition to my keyboard sounds, then record. Is this possible without first recording the Cubasis instrument track first?

Hi Bru1,

What I would like to do is use the piano from Cubasis in addition to my keyboard sounds, then record. Is this possible without first recording the Cubasis instrument track first?

There should be no problem to mix the internal Cubasis instrument sounds with the sound of external keyboard, given you have an appropriate audio/MIDI device to connect the external keyboard with the iPad.

Please let us know where things fail to work in the given scenario.

Thanks
Lars

Hi Lars, Thanks. This works.

Can I record my keyboard sounds only and not the instrument sounds using Cubasis? I tried to do this and there was no recording.

Also, how do I only play the Cubasis instruments without their layering with my keyboard sounds?
For example, if I want to play the Cubasis piano only, and using my keyboard, how do I do this? -Bru

Hi Bru1,

Please tap the instrument icon in the track list and choose “No instrument” from the list.
Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
I’ll try this. However, how do I only play the Cubasis instruments with my keyboard without
the midi keyboard sounds?
Best,
Bruce

Hi Bru1,

I’ll try this. However, how do I only play the Cubasis instruments with my keyboard without
the midi keyboard sounds?

You are talking about your external MIDI keyboard? Either choose a dedicated setting in the hardware or turn the volume of the external keyboard down.

Best,
Lars