Manual for Le2 ipad

Thanks, Lars. I will work with your suggestion.

About the other question I had about recording the keyboard without an instrument from Cubasis. I found that if I chose add audio instead of an instrument, only my keyboard would be recorded. I have an MX61.
Best,
Bruce

Hi Michael,
Although the PDF manual is very informative, some details have to worked out.
What kind of keyboard do you have and Ios device?

Best,
Bruce

1 Like

Hi Bru1,

Thanks for your message.

About the other question I had about recording the keyboard without an instrument from Cubasis. I found that if I chose add audio instead of an instrument, only my keyboard would be recorded. I have an MX61.

So, youā€™ve recorded the MX61 directly to an audio track, correct?

Iā€™d suggest to do both in cases likes this, create a MIDI track to be routed to no instrument, and an audio track. Set both tracks to rec enable and start recording.

Afterwards you have your audio track, alongside with the MIDI track for safety and possible later edits.

Best,
Lars

Thanks, Lars.

Iā€™ll try this.

Also, when I downloaded Cubasis, it is supposed to be free for YamahaMx users.

Or is that only to unlock the demo. I see that there are added options for purchase.

Best,

Bruce

Hi Bru1,

Also, when I downloaded Cubasis, it is supposed to be free for YamahaMx users.
Or is that only to unlock the demo. I see that there are added options for purchase.

Next to Cubasis, we have Cubasis LE which comes bundled with a wide range of supported audio devices, which can be used to unlock the app from demo mode.

Please find more information, and the list of supported devices on our dedicated Cubasis LE website. Alongside, please find the features of the available apps compared in this Cubasis versions comparison chart.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Thanks, Lars. I need to clarify.
Iā€™ve been using CubasisLE for Ipad. So all my questions pertain to the ipad app. Iā€™ll look at the links. Best, Bruce

How do I export an audio file from Cubasis? The manual says to drag it into the arranger?
I havenā€™t upgraded, so I am unsure how to export a file. In other words, export the file from project to arranger. Thanks.

Hi @Bru1,

Thanks for your message.

How do I export an audio file from Cubasis?

First of all, please make sure to check out our Getting started with Cubasis tutorial clip, where our friend Dom guides you through the full process of producing a track with Cubasis. Watching this clip, you will quickly learn the steps, how to use various Cubasis features in near to no time.

In this tutorial clip, Dom also explains how to export and share files.

In addition, we have many more tutorials available, which you can find right here:

Cubasis 3 Tutorials & Teasers
Cubasis 2 Tutorials & Teasers

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
Thanks for your reply.
I will visit the links.
One of the issues is that many features are disabled, and I was wondering if the export option was only possible by paying.
Best,
Bruce

Hi @Bru1,

One of the issues is that many features are disabled, and I was wondering if the export option was only possible by paying.

Was not aware about this.

In this regard, please have a look, if the available Compare the versions of Cubasis chart is of help for you.

Alongside, once Cubasis LE is unlocked via a compatible hardware, it is possible to add in-app purchases via the in-app shop.

If Cubasis LE is your app of choice, the Full Feature Set IAP updates the app with all features of the regular Cubasis app version. Plus, the set comes at a reduced price (compared to the regular Cubasis app price). And from time to time we run IAP sales promos too.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
Thanks for the link.
However, my initial use of Le Cubasis are somewhat hampered by the lack of essential features. Export is not available and other settings. So the limited demo is discouraging.

Also, on the link you sent me there are no prices.

Steinberg should offer a full use demo for at least two weeks. Otherwise, this will deter new users from considering the app.

Best,
Bruce

Hi, I just download cubasis le3 and want to connect to my MOTIFXS6 or MOXF8. Are they compatible? Can you recommend a tutorial?

Hi, Lars will probably reply tomorrow. I saw an old post on this forum for Cubasis LE2 [Moxf8 and Cubasis) Search for this. They donā€™t allow links on replies so I canā€™t post the link. Best,
Bruce

Hi @horaciopappa06,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the forum.

The topic has been discussed in the forum a while ago, please have a look right here: [SOLVED] MOXF8 AUDIO TRACK PROBLEMS

In addition, our friend Dom Sigalas produced a few clips in regards to use Yamahaā€™s MODX series with Cubasis:

Easy-peasy MIDI recording -MODX/MONTAGE with CUBASIS

How I SEQUENCE and RECORD my MODX as AUDIO- Yamaha MODX/MONTAGE with Cubasis

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars