Melodyne/ARA edits lost after backup w Cubase Pro 11

Hi,

When I save a backup of a project that includes Melodyne edits, the backup does not include the Melodyne edits, regardless of settings during the backup process.

Further to my investigation into the gigantic ARA folder that Cubase Pro 11 creates when using Melodyne with lanes and Melodyne I’ve done some further investigations into the ARA issues.

I have also unfortunately discovered that if I do a backup (using the backup function in Cubase in the File menu) of a project using Melodyne and ARA any edits done with Melodyne are not transferred to the backup and must be done again. You can see an example of this in the attached images. 05

]

and 06

shows you the before and after waveforms of a vocal take in Melodyne/ARA in Cubase Pro 11. 07 & 08 are the exact same take but after I’ve done a backup of the project. As you can see, the 07

and 08

waveforms are identical, hence ARA/Melodyne edits are lost after a backup. I have tried this on a a few different projects and with pretty much all available options during the backup process, including NOT getting rid of or minimizing unused audio, and they are all the same. All Melodyne edits are lost.

Shouldn’t a backup be a backup and make sure that the project is at the same state as before the backup? What is otherwise the point of the backup? What may have gone wrong with this backup? Are there any ways that we can avoid this in the future, or is the only way to preserve Melodyne edits to render the tracks before we make a backup?

Has anyone else experienced this with the latest Cubase Pro 11 and Melodyne 5.10?

Hi,

This is known and already reported issue. Thank you.

Are you referring to the backup issue or the gigantic ARA folders?

Hi,

Both of them.

That’s great news. But I’m a bit puzzled as to why Steinberg hasn’t even bothered replying to the thread or the support ticket to that effect?
Do we have an ETA on a solution?

Hi,

This is user forum. Steinberg employees check it only sporadically.

The support ticket should be processed, of course.