Menus open slow in Cubase 12.0.20

Matthias,

Thank you for responding so promptly.

Yes, I too thought that this might (negatively) affect the GUI performance, so I tried altering these parameters as well. Unfortunately, it made no difference. (Note: I didn’t go to extremes, merely 1 step up and 1 step down).

However, I have not tried altering them since updating to the latest version. I’ll do that later this evening and let you know if you’d like…(?)

Cheers,

Steve.

PS Are there any Windows-specific scaling options worth checking…?

Yup, one of the very first things I tried, @RTT1, as it was once an issue for me in an early VST5 release (well, I think it was v5!). Unfortunately it didn’t help.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

1 Like

@Matthias_Quellmann,

I appear to have found a solution (if not a root cause) to the laggy menus within my Cubase v12 install.

All I did was re-install the version of nVidia graphics drivers I had been successfully using with v10 and v11 (not the latest version, I hasten to add) just in case something untoward had been changed (or overwritten) whilst installing Cubase v12.

During that install routine, I accepted the option that the process offered to ‘default’ all graphics settings … and it appears to have cured the issue entirely. TbH I’m not entirely sure which settings would’ve been non-standard … but perhaps something was (I certainly don’t remember changing anything significant).

Anyways, I am now about to start editing some past projects - and hopefully create some new ones - and will update you in due course.

I hope this helps somebody - and informs your developers’ lines of enquiry - but it might be worth a try for some of the other GUI issues out there which users are experiencing!

Thanks again for your help,

Steve.
PS Is there any chance my 30-day Cubase “trial” counter can be reset so I can actually get to ‘trial’ the software, given I lost so much time resolving this menu GUI issue?

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Is animation on in windows for menus? Maybe see if that’s on and turn it off in the windows appearance settings.

Worth a try