Midex 8 drver

hi all,
just bought a midex 8 and now i know why it was so cheap .even sberg have stopped providing a driver 4 it .
so if anyone has the last windows 64 bit driver 4 it i would be grateful.
thanks
[EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED]

Have one laying around and would love a windows driver too. I donā€™t even have a parallel port card for modern windows that still has drivers! I think you can still buy ā€˜new onesā€™, but those would probably be USB based or something, and would probably have terrible latency.

The version I have here connects to the old printer parallel port.

SMP24 here as well.

Unfortunately, these were common in the Windows 3/Millennial Edition era. I donā€™t think they even got XP drivers. Certainly not 64bit ones.

I experimented a bit with Atari Emulators at one point and could not get them working there on PC hardware, including a functioning PCI LPT port with XP (32 bit) either (lack of dongle support for sequencers that know how to use SMP/MIDEX, and possibly missing logic in the emulatorā€™s ability to interface with parallel ports too).

If you can find an old Atari ST on the cheap somewhere, itā€™d still be really good with that interface. Otherwise, sell or trade it. You might be surprised at the demand for stuff like that if you look in Atari ST/Falcon/TT forums and social media walls/pages.

MIDEX | Steinberg

Unsupported, but maybe it will work for you?

1 Like

thanks but tried this when i click on it .
it doesnā€™t do anything .thereā€™s none home
thatā€™s why i wanted someone with it to send me it.
thanks
rod

1 Like

Ahh, I see what you mean. Sorry about the misleading information. It must be related to this ā€¦

FTP

IE Explorer can do ftp as well.

thanks all got the driver ,lets see how it goes
thanks

1 Like

MIDEX 8 64-Bit Windows 7 driver works here with Windows 10 21H2 and Cubase 11 Pro 11.0.30.
Though Iā€™d wished they continued to provide drivers for this vaulable piece of hardware

Me too, but hey, thereā€™s no profit in them doing so, but yet, we have a working driver, so Iā€™m OK with it having unsupported status. There really arenā€™t many alternative 8-port MIDI interfaces out there any more, and the Midex still has LTB support in Cubase.

The only problem now is that the driver is only available on an FTP server ā€¦ what!? The 90ā€™s called and want their protocol back.

1 Like

Here, is there an exact link for this driver, or can I get a copy from you

Here you go: https://o.steinberg.net/en/support/unsupported_products/midex.html

hey if you have it can I get a copy from you

1 Like

Click this link to download >>> https://o.steinberg.net/en/support/unsupported_products/midex.html <<<

Hi fellow Midex 8 usersā€¦

Has anyone upgraded to Windows 11 and tested whether the ā€˜unsupportedā€™ drivers that work for Win10 still work for Win11?

(I have a Win10 21H2 i9 running Cubase 11, and curious whether itā€™s worth upgrading to Win11 or not)

Cheers

T9

I personally donā€™t have a Midex 8, but I think most if not all drivers that work on Windows 10 should work fine on Windows 11. Win11 has some performance improvements and optimizations for Intelā€™s 12th generation CPUs, but internally itā€™s still mostly the same OS as Win10.

If you update to Windows 11, you have 10 days to decide whether you want to rollback to Windows 10 or not. Performance should be similar or better for as long as you disable Core Isolation/Memory Integrity in the ā€œDevice securityā€ settings.

Thanks Rom - I had some difficulty getting my PC to accept the H2 Win10 updates. Only managed it earlier today, after over a year of failures. My machine has been kept up to date with all updates but just didnā€™t like H2 20 - I tried all recommended fixes for the past year, but nothing worked. However, this evening I noticed a Powershell script that I hadnā€™t tried (repair of Windows Update). I had tried different approaches in the past. This PS script seemingly worked. I was so pleased that my Win10 is now fully patched. I donā€™t really want to now push my OS onto Win11 with the risk of having to roll back.

I canā€™t access the FTP at all. Can you please share the file somehow?

Navigate to it via Support ā†’ Downloads ā†’ Unsupported products ā†’ Hardware ā†’ MIDEX
This is the current link: https://o.steinberg.net/index.php?id=915&L=1

Hi
unfortunatelly I CANā€™T download driver from - it doesnā€™t work via chrome. Can anyone re-upload me the driver for win7 64bit??

thanx in advance :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve had good success with Midex8 right up to win 10. Howver I tried it on my Win11(Home) laptop and the driver would not install(Errors on installing). My ā€˜properā€™ music computer is bugging me to update to from win 10pro to win11 pro. Iā€™d be interested to know if anyone has had a positive experience with the midex driver in win 11pro.