MIDI-REMOTE API changes v12.0.50

HI,

Version 12.0.50 is just out and i noticed lot of changes in the midi_remote_api_v1.d.ts file though there’s no mention of it in the patch notes from Steinberg.

So i’ll list new function here: will test them later.

It seems that full control over inserts and channel strip have been implemented. It looks promising.

But I didn’t see any sign of touch sensitive controls.

/**
 * @class MR_HostPluginParameterBankZoneAction
 * @augments MR_HostAction
 */

/**
 * @class MR_HostInsertEffectViewerAction
 * @augments MR_HostAction
 */

/**
 * @callback OnActivateMappingPage
 * @param {MR_ActiveDevice} activeDevice
 * @param {MR_ActiveMapping} activeMapping

/**
 * @callback OnDeactivateMappingPage
 * @param {MR_ActiveDevice} activeDevice
 * @param {MR_ActiveMapping} activeMapping

/**
 * @class MR_HostObjectUndefined
 * @augments MR_HostObject
 */

/**
 * @class MR_HostPluginParameterBankZone
 */

/**
 * @class MR_HostStripEffectSlotFolder
 */

/**
 * @class MR_HostInstrumentPluginSlot
 */

/**
 * @class MR_HostStripEffectSlotGate
 */

/**
 * @class MR_HostStripEffectSlotCompressor
 */

/**
 * @class MR_HostStripEffectSlotLimiter
 */

/**
 * @class MR_HostStripEffectSlotSaturator
 */

/**
 * @class MR_HostStripEffectSlotTools
 */

/**
 * @class MR_HostInsertEffectViewer
 */

/**
 * @class MR_HostInsertAndStripEffects
 */

Also callback MonProcessValueChange takes one more parameter called “diff”

MR_FactoryMappingPage has a new method “.mCustom”

MR_HostTransport has a new method “mTimeDisplay” and 2 new callbacks functions “mOnTitleChange” and mOnColorChange"

MR_QuickControls have 2 new callbacks “mOntitleChange” and “mOnColorChange”

MR_FocusQuickControls have 2 new callbacks “mOntitleChange” and “mOnColorChange”

MR_SendSlotFolder have 2 new callbacks “mOntitleChange” and “mOnColorChange”

MR_ControlRoomCueSendSlotFolder have 2 new callbacks “mOntitleChange” and “mOnColorChange”

MR_MixerBankChannel have 2 new methods “mInsertAndStripEffects” and “mInstrumentPluginSlot” and 2 new callbacks “mOntitleChange” and “mOnColorChange”

MR_SelectedTrackChannel have 2 new methods “mInsertAndStripEffects” and “mInstrumentPluginSlot” and 2 new callbacks “mOntitleChange” and “mOnColorChange”

MR_HostMouseCursor have 2 new callbacks “mOntitleChange” and “mOnColorChange”

MR_HostControlRoomChannelMain have 2 new callbacks “mOntitleChange” and “mOnColorChange”

Basically a lot of functions have those 2 callbacks added

MR_HostValue has “Increment” and “Decrement” methods added as well as child classes

MR_CommandBinding has new method “makeRepeating”
Not Implemented according to @Jochen_Trappe

MR_ActionBinding has new method “makeRepeating”
Not Implemented according to @Jochen_Trappe

MR_SubPage callbacks “mOnActivate” and “mOnDeactivate” take one more argument

MR_DeviceDetectionUnit method “detectSingleOutput” has been removed

3 Likes

Sorry, these are not implemented. they accidently slipped into the API-def. My fault :triumph:

2 Likes

Ahah! :smile:

Good to know, and thanks for your feedback!

Do you have any hint on how to bind to plug-ins and strips parameters? I didn’t spend much time yet but was unable to find the right syntax for these.

All MixerChannel-like HostObjects now have a new subsection called “InsertAndStripEffects”. There you have the “InsertEffectViewer” which is similar to the Focus Quick Controls, as it automatically focuses on selected plugin windows (if they are part of the same track/mixer channel). And additionally all ChannelStrip-Effects do have a representation inside “InsertAndStripEffects” as well. They all follow the Parameter-Bank concept to be able to access ALL plugin parameters. And they follow your custom parameter lists if working with the “Remote Control Editor”.

3 Likes

Ok, i think i found the right syntax (I was missing an empty parenthesis at the end of the line)

pageHolder.mainPage.makeValueBinding(fader8.mSurfaceValue, pageHolder.mainPage.mHostAccess.mTrackSelection.mMixerChannel.mInsertAndStripEffects.mStripEffects.mCompressor.mParameterBankZone.makeParameterValue())

And it works!

Thanks @Jochen_Trappe

Now… Can we have the same thing for the MultiPanner? :innocent:

Anyway, thumbs up and keep on with the good work! This is definitely the right direction.

Thomas

2 Likes

@thomas_martin
Your Topic is related to my post - I cannot get Nuendo to Open JavaScript - any guidance there would be appreciated. It has a code filter for
*.midiremote not *.js files.
Thanks

When having multiple plug-in windows open, on the same track, is there a way to have the plug-in window receiving the parameters come to front? Or is this irrelevant to the MIDI Remote?

Hi @ggmanestraki, it should be (re)focusing to the latest plugin window in front (if part of the same track/channel).

1 Like