Hi Jochen,

Thanks for letting me know - I will wait patiently :slight_smile:

Pauly

1 Like

Hi Again,
With great hope I installed 12.0.30.
I can report itā€™s not fixed in 12:0.30

Pauly

Can you use the MAckie control protocol??

HI @Pablin_Drummer
Yes that works however ultra-limited by only 8 channels accessible at a time, and the multi layered approach that forces. I find it unworkable.
To have 16 physical faders with pan and mute buttons available on the console, in sync with Cubase will be a game changer for my mixing and make it a much more pleasurable (and spontaneous/musical) experience.
Joel has said itā€™ll be fixed so Iā€™m so looking forward to doing my first mix with the console!
Thanks
Pauly

but if you have more faders, it doesnā€™t recognize them by banks of 8? as if they were independent? that is, you would have to add another mackie control and put the 2 bank of faders. Iā€™d have to see the manual to confirm.

for example, with the old tascam it was done like this.

Maybe this video helps you

Hi Pablin,

Thanks but thatā€™s not a solution for me. Im looking forward to having more than 8 faders available when mixing.
Thanks
Pauly

Hi Jochen,
Howā€™s this going - any progress?
Thanks
Pauly

Hi Jochen,

Has there been any progress on this issue? I see itā€™s still not resolved in .40
Thanks
Pauly

Hi @Pauly,

As there is a solution for motorized faders (the ā€œgood oldā€ Mackie Control integration) please stick to that for now.

Thanks
Jochen

Hi Jochen,

Bummer. Thanks though for the reply.
:disappointed:

1 Like

Hi All

I have the same issue with a Allen and Heath SQ7.
The faders resist any movement when set up in midi remote.
I also find that buttons such as mute work only every third press.
The annoying thing is the SQmixpad on my iPad works perfectly. So it can be achieved !
Cheers

1 Like

It would be such a WIN for Cubase to fix this!

Unfortunately not working with 12.0.50 either :worried:

1 Like

What a pain! I wish they would fix this. Would revolutionise my mixing sessions!
Pauly

2 Likes

Hi Jochen,
I hope you had a great Chrissy and New Yearā€¦Now here we are, back at work :-(.
I just want to reinforce that the Mackie integration is not really a solution for me as it gives me 8 faders only which (even with banks) is not for me.

Would love to have proper motorised fade support!

Not hassling - just reminding :slight_smile: Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not alone. Thereā€™ll be a bunch of Midas and X32 users hoping and waiting.
Thanks

Hi Paulyā€¦ just working through basic setup with my QU16ā€¦ Havenā€™t dug deep yet, but getting the same issue for a generic audio channel on the qu16 (sends high resolution fader values)ā€¦ I can get ā€œMidiā€ mode to work on a custom layer; but thatā€™s 7bit midi only (0-127)ā€¦ not ideal for e.g. an audio faderā€¦ or at leastā€¦ since I have a high res controlerā€¦ might as well try and use it that way!..

Are you familiar with Bome MIDI Translator? Iā€™m about an hour into trying to setup the QU16 for C12 and probably going to jump into BOME and see if I can set something up there. Itā€™s pretty nerdy stuff thoughā€¦ but Iā€™m fairly confident I can get my QU16 working the way I want.

As for the fader stuck issueā€¦ My guess is that the physical fader sends a value and the C12 fader sends the latest ā€œsoftware fader movementā€ value back to the unitā€¦ but if the fader has moved past that point, itā€™s told to ā€œgo back a few valuesā€ by the software faderā€¦ e.g. itā€™s not responding to touch which would deactivate the ā€œrecieve messagesā€ until released. Itā€™s then basically getting stuck try to move the fader and send the fader values at the same time.

Iā€™m going to try mapping a QU fader to BOME and then try to fake a fader-touch command by coding in ā€œif fader has sent a value, ignore recieving messages until 0.1 seconds after the value is sentā€. If that works, then Iā€™ll just jump in and map the whole unit to BOMEā€¦ problem solved (hopefully!)ā€¦

If youā€™re not at all nerdy, BOME probably isnā€™t for youā€¦ but if you have the will to learn a few basic commands, or if you already know BOME, then it could be a good solution.

I feel like waiting on these things is painfulā€¦ big companies have a lot of things to run around and do; and sometimes itā€™s easier and less heart breaking to just ā€œroll your ownā€ :wink:

1 Like

Can only hardly agreeā€¦ BOME is a really, really nice and cool software. The support is outstanding and Florian is a very nice guy.

:slight_smile: ā€¦ Trueā€¦ just suggesting that it may not be an easy headspace for e.g. an old rocker whoā€™s no good with computers ;)ā€¦

Anyway - a quick update on the BOME setup:

Iā€™ve completely solved the fader echo issue!!.. But Iā€™m not sure the final product is quite what Iā€™m after lolā€¦

Itā€™s NOT a 100% ā€œfader touchā€ solutionā€¦ not sure I can actually do that as itā€™s possibly a hardware limitation?

I have it setup so that when I move a fader on the QU, that same fader doesnā€™t recieve any data from cubase until I stop moving the hardware faderā€¦ I have it set to 1 second after I let goā€¦ seems to give me enough time to remove my hand from it if thereā€™s automation sending continuous data (i.e. if I set it to ā€œzeroā€, then my hand would still be on the fader when automation is running in the background, and Iā€™d be crunching the motor again)ā€¦

What I canā€™t do is easily interupt existing automation moving the faderā€¦ It seems like I may struggle here to be honest. If the QU is already recieving fader movements from cubase, then itā€™s hard to interupt that by physically moving a fader without crunching the motorā€¦ Iā€™ll keep digging; but itā€™s hurting my brain trying to figure out how to avoid that!

In the meantime; at least I can move a fader and have it control a channel without the echo / feedback; and at least I can have the faders move in response to cubase automationā€¦ a good start :slight_smile:

Okā€¦ yeahā€¦ I guess Iā€™m stuck with a hardware limitation here.

QU faders arenā€™t touch sensitive, so when I recieve automation Iā€™ll always need to fight the controller.

Out of interest; does this mean that the overarching issue discussed here (midi echo fighting fader movements) is NOT present in touch sensitive controllers?? e.g. X-Touch doesnā€™t have this issue to start with??

In the meantimeā€¦

I donā€™t do a lot of volume automationā€¦ I just want hands on control of faders for static levels for tracking and mixdowns. I think I can manage with what Iā€™ve setup for nowā€¦

If I do decide I want hand-on fader access to heavily automated tracks, I guess Iā€™ll need to setup a toggle on my QU to simluate touchā€¦ Might set the PAFL button to toggle a disengage ā€œrecieve midi from cubaseā€ so I can write automation without fighting fadersā€¦ something like that :slight_smile:

Peas