Mixer undo and unlimited insert slots.

No that is a workaround.

How about we get a properly tested and functioning increase of inserts, for what we pay for? :unamused:

+1 for mixer undo (including fader values as an optional preference)

+1 for no arbitrary limits on inserts. or some number higher than the 6 freezable inserts we have now.

six freezable inserts.

i use more than 6 inserts on just TRIM plugins between my plugins. :laughing:

Youā€™re being too gracious, itā€™s not even a workaround.

For some of us with large projects that necessarily have many plugins, already, on live Group Channels, an insert for a Track that isnā€™t freezable just doesnā€™t count. It may as well not exist, cuz we canā€™t use it.

Itā€™s that simple. The insert needs to be freezable.

Those of us asking for unlimited inserts or tantamount to that, are not using inserts in the traditional way. We use them as sound design for that particular channel. Then we freeze the channel. Itā€™s like each channel becomes its own little modular synth where our high quality effects become the components of it.

Cubase is the only DAW without unlimited (or nearly unlimited) inserts. Since many, many years ago.

More than a decade ago, there were DAWs with unlimited inserts.

Studio one does not limit you on inserts number, same with Ableton Live, Bitwig, and Reaper, I believe. Itā€™s doable and it can be done well.

1 Like

Indeed. You can add Sonar X1, X2 and X3 to the list. In fact, I think Pre-Sonar Cakewalk had it years ago.

Btw, I just bumped up against the limit, once again, for what is a very modest and reasonable chain. So I have fresh frustration about it.

It has halted my project until I can find a workaround (which isnā€™t more Group Channels in this case, due to a metering issue that Iā€™m not going to rework). Iā€™m having to use channel strip plugins to work around it, but that only gives me one more insert, which is all I need in this case, barely, but geezā€¦what a continual battle this is for some of us.

+1

+1 to both

Mixer undo +1 very good idea.

+1 to both.

Iā€™m moving from a DAW which has both and itā€™s a real pain to not have them in Cubase.

My workarounds are having to use auto-backup every minute to recover from errors made in the mixer, and having to use a buss for tracks which I want to have more than 8 inserts.

Iā€™d say the lack of mixer undo is the biggest issue though.

+1 please

+1 for both.

what already would help a lot, would be kind of a dragable line which defines pre and post fader plugin slots, so one could drag it all the way down to get at least eight freezable inserts!! then add another two and weā€™d have ten like the pro tools guys. ten would be really a lot better than six. but yes, i do sounddesign as well in the channels, so iā€™m also in for the unlimited slots. an other aproach would be to give us a plugin like blue cats patchwork, just with full cubase integration like vst3 plugins plus the plugin manager!

+1

this gets my vote

+1

Cubase 9 - Unlimited inserts
Cubase 10 - Mixer undo

Thatā€™s how economy works.

+1 Both!!!

Only if mixer undo can be turned off in the preferences and is off by default.

its gonna be harder to drag and drop copy insert plugins probably. but atleast 2 more fixed prefader inserts would be awesome. even thou cubase comes with built in effects/processors in the mixer for some reason i can never make a good mix with themā€¦

Yes a simple integrated plugin container/chainer could be the solution.

Actualy i have some sound design preset that take me 2 tracks, even if itā€™s more messy by managing those 2 tracks and 1 track presets, i feel more confident when using only Cubase in managing my fx preset rather than using an extra system from third party company that would increase CPU process and also compatibility problem, which would make my preset unusable when needed.

Unlimited for me would be unnecessary, but increase those 6 pre-fader insert to 12 would make me happy, arround 18 would be perfectā€¦

6 insert nowadays is really not enought for a supposed ā€œnot only a mixing DAWā€ ā€œCreativity firstā€. Itā€™s even less than a mixing DAW like ProTools with their 10 insertā€¦

+1

so true and very sadā€¦