Most important feature requests for Dorico 4

This ultimately runs tandem with the requests for a built-in ruler feature.

2 Likes

You got my idea @Romanos ā€¦ Iā€™d love to see that feature.

1 Like

@NorFonts Just having a little fun.

1 Like

You actually have to click above the button to toggle it.

And also automatically turn on the property if you select a feature of the property. Right now, many of the properties require you to do a 2-step process, turning the property on and then selecting the option within that property. If you select any sub-features of the property, then the property should turn on automatically.

3 Likes

Respectfully, can we please not start this discussion again? Itā€™s been talked to death. Several times, if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Well you dont have to click above the button to toggle it, but in addition to clicking right on the nose, clicking above also works. Not to the side or belowā€¦

David

1 Like

Well, this problem slows me down, and more real estate to aim for would be welcome.
David

1 Like

Hello, for me the request is:
I hope that in a the next version, we will possibility of create our own categories of playing technique and add it to the list of Wind, Brass, Unpitched Percussionā€¦
I would like to create a categors name like ā€œmidi note output Routingā€ with number of the midi note, so easy to route midi input note to output note, like this:
midinote number

Best regards
dup

1 Like

When exporting pdf files for use with ForScore on the iPad, it would be helpful to have the additional option of including the flow name, as in the case of projects with several pieces in them, this identifies the name of the piece being exported.

David

I promise Iā€™m not on a mission to push back against your requests, ha haā€¦ But how would this work exactly? If there are multiple flows in a layout, how would it know which ones to use?

It basically comes down to the old ā€œplease can we export individual flowsā€ request, I think. Iā€™d be very surprised if the development team implemented export of individual flows without also implementing a filename ingredient for FlowTitle and/or FlowName.

As long as you have a separate layout for each flow you want to export to PDF etc, you can then rename each layout after the flow and use the layout name ingredient for the resulting file name.

2 Likes

Sorry I was not clear in what this implies.

What I do at present in Print Mode is to select Graphics as destination and then pdf. Then I select the relevant pages for the flow by page range and hit export. There are limited filename options, and I usually end up renaming the file.

Now, if one could select a flow to print, the whole thing would become much easier ā€“ and I think usefulā€¦

David

I mentioned this before years ago in the old forum, but it is still a constant irritation.

I only reboot my PC when necessary and have at least 20 programs running at all times. Dorico is the only program that will not allow the screen to turn off when I am not using the computer. I have never understood why this needs to be so, and should be grateful if it could be changed.

David

1 Like

That is because the Cubase audio engine Dorico uses does not allow the computer to sleep. Youā€™ll have to completely shut down the audio process in the background to get Dorico to let the computer sleep. (Or, maybe the Silent template will allow for it?)

My screen turns off on my Mac, with Dorico running, even if the computer itself is not sleeping.

My screen turns off because I switch it off :slight_smile:

As far as I know, the audio is disabled anyway, as I work in silence and have that playback template selected: the screens still dont blank.

I was told by Daniel that this is expected behaviour, though nobody ever gave me a good explanation for it.

David

Happy anniversary to Dorico 3.5!

1 Like