Mouse scrolling too fast in Dorico 4 and other mouse behaviour problems

It may be because I use a tracker ball not a mouse but I’m finding it difficult to scroll slowly in Dorico 4 when in Play mode (Windows 10). Selecting a particular instrument is a challenge as things keep whizzing by. Am I missing something? This wasn’t a problem I encountered in Dorico 3.5. I think mouse clicking is also rather uncertain as I often end up deleting more than one item when working with the expression maps. Similarly the ability to close a particular sample window by clicking on Dorico’s “e” box again doesn’t seem to work so I have to close the window by clicking on the sample window x. I would suggest that the mouse area should be reviewed as I often have to click more than once. The first time there’s an instant open and then close of my choice so I have to click again. As I said I used the same Kensington tracker ball with Dorico 3.5 and never experienced these kinds of problem. I will also review my tracker ball settings to see if changing them might help. Love Dorico 4 otherwise.

We’ve had another report of this on Windows:

We will look into it as soon as we can.

2 Likes