MPK249 sustain pedal mutes track in Cubase 12 pro (12.0.52)

very recently installed Cubase 12 pro—

i noticed in a new project that if i create an instrument track like halion sonic se,retrologue, etc— whenever i use the sustain pedal on my MPK249 the result is the muting of this track.

i have read similar posts from the past about generic remote issues resulting in this inconvenient (and apparently immediately fixable) anomaly— but nothing in the list(s) of currently available options seem to work in this case. i have checked “remote devices (legacy”)—midi is NOT connected to anything here.

this happens either with MPK249 or 261 selected as the midi remote device from the “Midi remote mapping assistant” (they are essentially the same aside from the # of keys)

transport, mute, sliders, etc appear to work otherwise

this does not appear to be a problem with cubase 11, any help in this matter would be most appreciated !

Seranaea Jones

1 Like

You might want to use this existing thread on the same subject:

1 Like

Same issue for me. Cunase 12 Pro. Bought an AKAI MPK249 and the sustain pedal mutes the track.

This issue has taken multiple hours of my life to attempt to fix, resulting ultimately in uninstalling Cubase and reverting back to Cakewalk. The level of incoherent comprehension of this issue is beyond me. I could see that my mpk was triggering CC 64 for the Mute buttons, but no matter what I did within cubase with the remote device MPK249 script I could not get this to function correctly. It desparately wanted to mute the first track when pressing sustain pedal.

This is the second time I’ve given Cubase a try, in both cases, dramatic bugs have halted my attempts.