Multimeasure Rests Broken after Instrument Change

What Dan said ^^^

We’re probably getting to the point where you’ll need to post a cut down version of the project itself, I think. It’s likely:
a) a starts/ends voice thing (whether obviously so or a case where the primary voice has disappeared and you’ve got notes in a secondary voice)
b) a local time signature (either a local time signature or a local barline)

The fact that the System Track has gone wonky indicates it’s b).

Sorry, I wasn’t clear - I checked the last time sig before the bar in question (not the last time sig in the whole thing).

If I click somewhere in a bar, the bar (and only that bar) turns orange. Clicking on the RH box on the system track also selects that bar and only that bar.

I’ll prepare an uploadable version of the file. Thanks to all for the time and effort you’re putting into this - hugely appreciated.

Here it is. Please look at the first movement, at rehearsal P (bar 177) and also 3rd bar of U (bar 239).
Disappearing rests.zip (462 KB)

Both problems are solved by deleting the local 12/8 time signatures at bar 184.

Hm. Tricky one that. Those time sigs are there for a reason - they’re as written by the composer. That way of having multiple time sigs is very useful (got it from Sharing a workaround: Found a way to write polyrhythms with the proper time signature displaying. - #25 by piano888 - Dorico - Steinberg Forums)

Is there another way of achieving that time sig result without messing up the rests; or am I better off just trying to insert rest symbols?

I managed to bodge it by forcing rests into the piccolo bar (in bars 177 and 239, Flow 1), going via Galley view.
I’d really like to know how Dorico got to the point of wanting to suppress the rests.