N10 - Frequent eLicensor Control errors

I actually can’t uninstall the E-licenser app on my MBP running 10.14 - I get this error

An error occured while executing command:

rm -fr /Users/david 1//Library/Preferences/com.Syncrosoft.LCC.plist

The uninstall routine works on 10.12 on the studio system.

Ah - email from tech support with a link to a version of E-Licenser app, testing, will report back

Today’s love letter from Nuendo…

Seems to happen after Nuendo has been closed for a while. I get multiple messages on initial start up & then subsequent start-ups for the day are fine.

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 10.27.02 AM.png

I think elicenser being a 32 bit application maybe a problem.

After updating to windows 10 1903, elicenser didn’t find itself and I couldn’t run Nuendo or Wavelab for hours. Then I had to uninstall the elicenser and then reinstall it, then click maintenance. But by that time, groove agent se 5 could not be loaded with existing sounds in existing projects. I had to add new tracks of the groove agent but previous sounds were all gone as it couldn’t even open the GUI. Mysterious as hell. On top of all that mystery, elicenser now installs an earlier version only, no matter how many times I download and install the latest version.

I think Steinberg should really look into the elicenser mechanism and make it 64 bit perhaps.

It is 64 bit on Mac.

Regardless, I suspect it’s primarily a Nuendo issue, since I never had any of these problems before switching from Cubase to Nuendo.

I got a reply to my last Support ticket yesterday.

This is for Mac - no explanation but a link to this version of the E-Licenser app

"Please de-install the current eLC and re-install the latest 32 bit version from

https://download.steinberg.net/static_content/eLC-6-11-3-1244-32Bit-1e099357-2cf8-46c1-9685-16d2844079cf/eLicenserControl.dmg

"
(note - it’s marked 32Bit)

Which I have done and - NO MORE ERRORS for 24 hours now. It’s a bit early to say for sure, but I’m allowing myself a little bit of hope.

And Tech Support have marked my ticket SOLVED so it must be, right?

Note that the Steinberg website was down for maintenance yesterday - the new site is running today.

I would say if it works, then it’s SOLVED for now.
If it is a 32bit only version, then it will stop working if you update to 10.15 in the future, as it will only support 64bit programs.

I wanted to drop a cynic comment about eLicenser but I think I’ll just close the browser window.

This is an absurd problem to be having. I am now making it my daily workflow EVERY time I boot Nuendo to do a fresh machine boot followed by opening e-licenser and running maintenance and leaving it open while booting Nuendo. That’s ridiculous. This is wasting my clients’ time (not to mention mine). I normally wait until the .5 rev of Nuendo so the bugs can be shaken out first but version 8 inspired me to upgrade sooner this time around. I will not make this mistake again.

At the very bottom of the notes for the 10.1 update:

“A missing content license error when starting Nuendo 10 has been resolved”

I’ll update over the weekend and see if this helps my set-up… Would love to mark this thread “resolved”!

The 32 bit version of elicenser app resolves it for me.

Nope.

(One of two error message I received a few short sessions after updating)

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 8.23.44 PM.png

And two of these after quitting…

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 9.53.10 PM.png

You may already have this version of the e-licenser app, but this is the one which fixed it for me. Note that it’s NOT the same as the latest version of the app which the e-licenser website points to.

Thank you for contacting Steinberg Technical Support.

Please de-install the current eLC and re-install the latest 32 bit version from

https://download.steinberg.net/static_content/eLC-6-11-3-1244-32Bit-1e099357-2cf8-46c1-9685-16d2844079cf/eLicenserControl.dmg

These Error messages started earlier this year with N8. N10 did not make them disappear.

I can confirm my copy of N10.1 is running stable after reverting/installing the 32 bit version David linked to above. (Thanks, David!)

Again, no error messages for this week since downgrading to the 32 bit e-licensor app. Nuendo is so much nicer to work with now!

… still unreliable! And for sure I´m not the only one clicking and changing the eLicensers around!

Did you try this version of the E-Licenser Control app?

You may already have this version of the e-licenser app, but this is the one which fixed it for me. Note that it’s NOT the same as the latest version of the app which the e-licenser website points to.

Thank you for contacting Steinberg Technical Support.

Please de-install the current eLC and re-install the latest 32 bit version from

Me too.

Installed N10 Demo on a completely fresh OS 10.13.6 install and I keep getting “USB Licenser error change ports”. I have always run the licenser on a powered USB 3 hub no problems. On this install it is flakey on a USB Hub and a USB Port on a thunderbolt dock. Getting it directly into a computer port is hard due to other gear… but it did seem to stabilize things.

I actually have two licensers. One with just Nuendo and another with Instruments, plug ins, a older Cubase version, and so on. At one point the error message asked me to do maintenance on the dongle. So i did ( using the version of eLicencer installed with N10 demo ). It did the maintainer cycle on both dongles then told me the second dongle with all my instruments was “Broken”. Thats what it said in the Dongle column too. “Broken”! This persisted for a few restarts and dongle re-insertions but eventually it came back fine. I don’t think the dongle is Broken… it would be a mighty coincidence if it chose this exact time to begin to fail.

somethings up…

New one today. This error popped up during a session and I ended up having to force-quit Nuendo. :imp:

Booting N10.1 has been pretty smooth since reverting back to the 32-bit eLicensor, but clearly SB has a major problem on their hands with Nuendo and the eLicensor. Hope they’re making fixing eLicensor issues a #1, urgent, top priority!

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 11.46.37 AM.png