Need advice for piano voicing (perhaps @dankreider)

Hello,
i often write piano voicing like on the picture with matrice for two hands.
I did this with the prg MathType but my trial of this program ends in two days.
Sois it possible with with fonts MusGlyphs or else do do this kind of thnigs quickly
voicing
Best regards
Dup

Dan knows better, of course. But I think his new MusAnalysis font should work for this. (same price as MusGlyph, you decide !)

Yes, MusAnalysis should be just the ticket for this sort of thing.

Edit: Figurato does this too, IIRC.

1 Like

Hello Thanks for the answer
I tried both and as I still don’t know exactly the codeI need to write to obtain the result, I need to edit the text I wrote and sometimes it’s difficult to reselect it. Instead of open like this:

it open like this:

With “figurato” is even worse.
i looked here but didn’t find my answer:

BEst regards

Don’t double-click. Click once to select the text, then press Return to edit it.

The reason is because MusAnalysis is a very “tall” font by necessity: that it, it has large values for ascenders and descenders. So it can be a little fiddly to select.

@dan_kreider
Great thanks! easy now.
Las question is it possible to have intermediate value for the height of “(”?
Snag_1509459
more like in my first picture in the top of the topic?
Best regards

Yes, this was a glaring oversight in MusAnalysis, and I’ve added it to the most recent version.

Ok beautiful and more easy to remember!
So (((%sbs%973))) instead of @(%sbs%973@) or @(2%sbs%973@)2
Best regards

Yes precisely. The triple ( and ) (as well as square brackets and curly braces) are sized for triple stacks now.

quadruple for a next version?

Probably not. Quadruple is not just adding another layer; it’s a whole new class of glyphs, and much more complex. I don’t expect MusAnalysis will go beyond triple. But of course you can enter them using lyrics, and add multiple lines of lyrics, then move them vertically so they appear stacked.

Ok great thanks

Hello,
I come back to this topic because I always have trouble editing with fonts like MusAnalysis which is fantastic, but don’t know what to do when you want to correct a formula?
Do you always have to select - change font - correct - re-select - put back the first font?

a

b

Best regards

If you know the code, you can edit “blind” by moving and selecting with the arrow keys. Shift-arrow to select one character and type over it, or just Backspace from the desired position and retype.

Mark is right, although I struggle to get it right, since there are often so many hidden characters. I usually end up deleting and re-entering.

MusAnalysis works, but it’s not ideal.

1 Like

Thanks both,
As I don’t know this kind of code by heart, I modify my userlibrary.xml
so now I can toggle :
toggle

1 Like