Neo Soul - trial and uninstall problems

I downloaded Neo Soul trial (Windows). Installation was easy and without any problem. However, eLicenser doesn’t allow to start trial period - it shows that trial period expired (Expired license) in a hint window while license says: trial period not started. I tried to unistall and install it again - the same problem.

The eLicenser version I tried is the latest one and that which comes with Cubase 7. I tried Validate Usage Period, Recover, Maintaince. Nothing helps so I decided to give up and buy any other mark Rhodes VSTi. I unistalled Neo Soul. Now I get license error for Neo Soul presets when Cubase starts and when I open HALion 4 or HALion Sonic.

I cannot try it, I cannot unistall it… Any help?

I’ve attached the screenshot.

Regards,
Jacek

Hi there,

it seems that your system has issue with the user permission. This work-a-round guide should solve these issues,
but it will also delete all existing licenses on your Soft-eLicenser.
If you had some licenses stored on your Soft-eLicenser, you will have to perform a reactivation.

Please note that the eLC Installation Helper can only be executed if your Windows user account has administrative rights!
If you are logged in to an Windows user account with limited rights you will be promoted to provide an administrator’s username and password.
rd.

• Please un-install Neo Soul Keys with the Windows Control Panel
  • Now re- install Neo Sould Keys and the Trial license will be installed automatically

Cheers,

Marcus

Dear Marcus,

I performed exactly what you asked for: installed the helper, uninstalled Neo Soul, reinstalled Neo Soul. It changed nothing except removing old mp3 license (expired). I still can see the same - “Period not started” in the license information and “Expired license” in its hint window.

I tried to repeat the procedure two more times. The same result. Of course I start the application with elevated rights (Run as administrator), despite I’m the local PC’s administrator.

Please note that uninstalling doesn’t uninstall Neo Soul presets nor removes that expired license.

Regards,
Jacek

Hi there,

you just need to “Start License Usage Period” or read the eLicenser Control Center “Help”.

Click on the Trial license and then “Actions/Start License Usage Period”.

Cheers,

Marcus

you just need to “Start License Usage Period” or read the eLicenser Control Center “Help”

Marcus,

This option is disabled. I select the eLicenser, select the Neo-Soul keys license and that action is still not available. Of course I read Help before writing that post…

I asked at KVR forum about the VSTi itself: Gospel Musicians offers Neo Soul Keys (for NI Kontakt) in a new version called 3X (three instruments). Is Steinberg version the same as Stage piano from Neo Soul Keys 3X? I mean all samples, sound quality etc. Do you plan to develop both currently missing libraries for HALion? If yes: when can we expect it?

Regards,
Jacek

Hi again,

Well, I decided to buy Neo Soul Keys. FIY - I had the same problem during activating process as during activating Cubase 7. eLicenser went to about 30% and I get Windows exception with information the application stopped responding. I tried a couple times with the same error. And again, like with Cubase, I put a stick to MacBook Pro and activated the product without any problem. What can cause the problem?

Regards,
Jacek

I noticed the NI version as well, which looks to have a few more sound sets available. I asked about it, didn’t get a response. The NI version would probably be powered by it’s own internal fx engine, and the same for Steinbergs (powered by amp rack FX) so I wonder if they are exactly the same.

Where can I find some presets for this? I can make my own, but this sort of instrument screams for other presets, rather than having to reset and tweak everytime. It’s not a synth. Please, where are presets? Happy New Year.

Steinberg’s version uses the same samples and technology as Neo Soul Keys but only one instrument is available - Suitcase. NI version has Stage and Wurli pianos - that’s why it’s named 3X. Steinberg Neo Soul can be used as a separate instrument (VSTi) or inside HALion Sonic SE/HALion. You can save your own preset like in other VST instruments.

Well, I miss the Stage piano from 3X :frowning: I hope Steinberg decide to release its HALion version as well…

Regards,
Jacek