New Avid Control app is excellent!

Hey all! The new Avid Control app is out and it is, so far, fantastic. I had been using the Cubase iC Pro app but there were some problems; since September 2017 I’ve been asking the devs to deal with the fact that the colors in the app don’t match session colors, they never even responded. Guess what? Avid Control matches colors. We’ve also been asking for touch surround panning, no answer. It is available in Avid Control though! iC Pro costs $17, Avid Control is free. Finally, the previous version of this app used to crash Nuendo if I had more than 30 tracks but I’m running over 100 without a problem (although I’ve only tested my Mac machine so far). John

Is a Eucon needed or just some software installation ? Do you know if the app connects through bonjour ?

Thanks!

Eucon is needed, and I agree with Dog and Pony, the Avid Control App is far more efficient than iC Pro. And that is very strange as all Avid products users (as I am) knows that nothing is free in Avid’s world.

I do believe the connection is through bonjour on my PC but it seems flawless. As stated, Eucon is required.

…seems great.
Is it possible to control Cue sends also??

Thanks for the hint, @Dog and Pony !

I’m interested in using this, but how do I get the Eucon software?

There is a EuconAdapter.dll file in the N10 components folder but when I try to add it in Device Setup I get the following message: No valid EuCon software can be found on the system.

What am I missing?

I have so far always been an avid avoid-er of anything Avid.

You need to get the EuControl Software directly from Avid. The .dll should just be the link between the EuControl Software and Nuendo.

You will need an Avid Account to download:
https://euphonix.avid.com/downloads.php

We are using a couple of Artist Mix and Transports this way and an S3.
Gonna try the Control App when I have time. Looks promising.

Is it possible to control Cue sends also??

Good question, I don’t use that functionality. The account and app are free so give it a try! john

Thanks to the OP for posting. I’m going to give it a try. Already have Eucon for other controllers.

Yes, it is.

And I find myself in the humiliating position of being the one dumbass in this crowd who can’t seem to make it work. Can’t seem to make the EUCON connection-- just getting its icon dimmed out on the iPad with a “no connection” triangle.

Anybody feel like walking through the Mac/iPad Pro process? I have a feeling I MAY have downloaded the wrong eucon software…

Thanks,
Chewy

Download the 19.12 Eucon unified install for Mac, connect your iPad to your local network and add an Eucon device on Nuendo. Other than that, can’t spot another potential issue.

Something must have gone wacky with my installation. Gonna try again.

Thanks, Miguel.

Chewy

It’s very important to have the same generation of Eucon software and Control App.

Yes, must be on the same software generation. Also, open the Eucontrol software (command + 1 on Mac) and ensure that under the Surfaces tab you have added your Avid Control (move from “All Surfaces” to “My Surfaces” if it didn’t do it automatically). john

Will Avid Control MIRROR ALL COMMANDS from Nuendo’s mixer and project windows? If I hide a channel in Nuendo, will that channel become hidden on the Avid Control screen?

Hey John, you have Nuage!! What are you using the Avid Control for? :open_mouth::thinking:

I use it in my home setup (Nuage is at the main studio) as well as to control my rig from the booth.

I just tried hiding a track in the Nuendo 8 mixer and it did not hide in Avid Control, I can try later on N10. john

Well, THAT’S really disappointing. They claimed to have fixed this on the Avid site. Then someone using Cubase said they didn’t fix anything. They’ve set it up to work with S1, so if you try using it with Artist Control, you actually lose features that HAD worked with the PT App. I’m talking really basic stuff like BANKING! :astonished: Avid says they’ll fix this by 1st quarter 2020. We’ll see.

Anyway, now you’re saying that it’s great. I’m really glad they fixed the crashing issue. But even that is suspect since you were on an all Mac system. All of the PC people have never been able to get that tracks page to work without crashing! :angry: So I don’t really know what to think.

I’ve downloaded 19.12 onto my iPad. But I’ve been waiting to update my Artist Series hardware to 19.12 because it’s SO STABLE ON 18.3. I’m not sure how much use I’ll actually get out of it without the S1 hardware. What I do know, is that, without that Mixing Mirroring issue being resolved, I’m way more inclined to wait before firing mine up. :frowning: