New Avid Control app is excellent!

not quite as convinced as you :slight_smile:

consider a CC121 - It’s hard to recommend it as it’s sitting forgotten in the corner of a deserted steinberg store room but it does (mainly) work - integrates very well and it’s nice to have physical buttons etc.

I’d be tempted to ebay rather than buy new as I don’t think the current retail price is realistic.

So, Apple with Apple = CRASH
PC with Apple = CRASH
PC with Android = CRASH

What the hell?!!?

How are you guys, who don’t have this crashing problem making this work!!! :question:

Unless the fader and channel control is what you need from PT Control, if it’s mainly shortcuts you need I can highly recommend Metagrid - more customisable and far more stable.

The ones having issues with Nuendo crashing, are you seeing the same issue with Pro Tools? (if you have it)

CC121… huh… completely forgot about that. I see a few places where they available new, but very pricy.
I have a Mackie MCUPro which is sitting unused … to be honest the work I do these days doesn’t really benefit from a bank of faders I’d rather have the space!
I might keep an eye out for used CC121 … it is pretty much what I said I wanted!
Thanks for the nudge…

Tried the Avid Control App…some observations:

No real mention anywhere that the EuControl program from Avid is needed. This isn’t a problem for those who own a physical Avid controller as there’s plenty of hints for those folks, but not for those w/o. No hints on this Steinberg’s site either. If don’t own a physical controller and you try and get EuControl from Avid’s Artists series website, no dice. What you need to do is login to Avid’s main website using your Avid master account, click on your profile, and then select Downloads. Not intuitive at all - lucky for me I was determined enough to suss the situation out eventually.

The program works well enough - it’s gonna be useful for some folks. It’s going to be fiddly unless you have a large tablet. The way it implements plugin control is interesting - nice job but there are some widgets which do nothing.

The grid macros are nice - but I’m really leaning towards getting a Stream Deck…

It’s not too shabby, but it’s not going to pull me away from my X-touch. I also own TouchDaw, which is a MackieMCU emulation that runs on Android. It fit’s the bill when I need a remote - but I usually shy away from the tablet unless I really need it - they’re grease magnets.

eucon doesnt show up in the devices setup remote devices list.

However in the midi port page the euphonix eumidi is available.

I checked the components folder and the eucon adapter dll is there…

Any suggestions how to make this work?

Im on win 10 and cubase artist 9

thanks a lot

Download the latest Eucon software from your Avid account and install it. Add Eucon in “Studio” /“Preferences”… Start the Eucon Software and connect your tablet / smartphone /… where the Avid control app is running on. Done.

Thank you, i dont understand which menu you are referring to.

I instralled eucon software. The problem is eucon doesnt show up in cubase remote devices list. Eucon is supposed to be in the list when i select + to add a device.

Hi!
Yes I refer to the “devices” menu where you can add Eucon in Cubase / Nuendo. Sorry, don’t know what to do when it not shows up… Pls tell me if I’m wrong, but I think Eucon should also show up in the “devices” menu if the Eucon software is not installed.
Cheers

Hi Oscar - it looks like Cubase Artist is not support for Eucon. Please see this support webpage - it has a lot of information, but it does say that “Cubase Artist, Cubase Elements, Cubase AI and Cubase LE can not be used with Avid/Euphonix remote controllers.”

Thank you, but what a strange situation. Because the eucon adapter is included in cubase artist. I can see the adapter in the components folder. So why would they include it if its not supposed to work in artist?

I haven’t heard anyone mention this unit. V Control Pro System - YouTube Anybody here know anything about how well it works and, more importantly, how reliable is it?

The video says it works with lots of DAWs. But the website seems to only feature PT. https://neyrinck.com/ Is that the deal, it’s only for Pro Tools? :cry:

I had a lot of issues with the old app and Nuendo 8.
No problems with the latest PT and the new iPad app.
Also a lot of nice features that I could not get to work in the combination before (hide channels, following attention etc.)
I don’t have N10 and have not bothered trying with N8.

The app works fine with PT 2020.3. No issues of any kind. Win 10 Pro.

It “kind of” works with N10. Projects with more than 40 tracks will throw an error and crash N10. I have been able to get the two working as long as I don’t go to the Tracks tab of the app (even with projects larger than 40 tracks). The minute the Tracks tab is clicked, everything goes haywire. All other tabs/menus are working fine.

The general issue I have with EuCon is that my iPad connects after first boot in the morning, and as long as I leave the app up, everything is fine. If I close the app, or switch to another one, I lose the EuCon connection and I can’t get it back unless I do a complete reboot of my computer (the iPad doesn’t require a restart).

tg

This “40 track” bug is not a general one…
I don’t have this bug.

The control app and the S1 are running stable with my Nuendo 10… but there are these annoying EUCON bugs which exist now for years, these are a major issue working with the control app / S1 and Nuendo, especially on larger projects.

Is this a version issue? I see that you have N10.2. But I’m on 10.0.2 and just touching that tracks page on Avid Control will cause an instant crash. Dog & Pony is using N8 through N10 and reporting no issues with crashing. All of us with the crashing issue keep asking those without the problem HOW ARE THEY SETTING UP THEIR SYSTEMS to avoid this issue. But nobody has answered that question.

HOW is John getting it to work on 8 and/or 10? How are you able to do this? As annoying as the design flaws are (I don’t think they’re bugs. I think Avid designed it that way deliberately to force us to buy PT. If it works on PT, it SHOULD work on all of the other DAWs!), at least you have the option to work around them. We can’t even turn it on! We would very much like to know how you guys are achieving a useable state with this app!

Here’s the thing. My MC Control works just fine with all of my Nuendo versions (N 4, 6.5, 7, 8 &10). PT Control, now Avid Control is that same brain, moved over to a tablet to support the Dock. I’m on the latest version of Eucon. Why is that the hardware version has no issues, but the tablet version has track limitations and all these other problems? I don’t get it! :confused: :question:

Hi!
You can see all my system specs in my signature…
But I never had this issue, also when I was on N 10.0.2
I don’t whats going wrong here, maybe it is due to Android or iOS?
I’m using an Android Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e.
EUCON is on latest version.

Sorry I can’t help you out

cheers

Maybe it’s worth trying the app on a Android Tablet, cause it definitely isn’t working on my iPad! I’m going to test this on my phone.