new window handling

QUOTE:
Lydiot hat geschrieben ( This is only a part of Lydiot’s mail…):

REQUEST: Return to the previous window, i.e. project window (in this case).
AND: Overhaul the entire functionality for window management.
At the very least provide a key command option for bringing any window into focus (NOT toggle). At least that way we could create macros that would always work regardless what window one starts in.

I, too, fully support this!
At least, give us a choice to work with one or the other version.

Big K

Sitting here at 1am, working on a show, window handling slowly driving me mad.

Every single time I cancel out of a dialog box or close a window, like the mixer, my video window gets focus.

Still no comment.

bump

If you’re still around in a year or so Lydiot, you may see some improvements in Nuendo by then - here’s the Cubase Users Survey results; and look what’s 2nd on the list…!

I know, its little comfort… :neutral_face:

Very annoying, Aero + windows handling was the main reason I moved N7 to Mac OS.
Anybody knows if windows handling is any better in Windows 10?

Today I had a show where holes were cut for curses. Those wholes needed bleeps. I edited dialog and placed a marker on the marker track for each curse word.

Having copied tone and then wanting to place it on the timeline I clicked to locate in the marker window, and of course I can’t paste the tone without closing the marker window because now it has focus, and key commands no longer function for the project window.

Is there a facepalm emoticon available?

I honestly have zero understanding for why there is no comment on this from Steinberg. In terms of workflow there are huge drawbacks to this new management/handling of windows.

He he…

And that is not the only one Lydiot,
Actually I have key commands to locate to markers.
But the whole real world workflow is just annoying.
Occasionally I’m on N 5.5.xx for some work. It feels like a good old friend playing on the same team, or having a fun conversation with in a pub.

they finally lost me on that. And the other “workflow-improvements” they’ve made after N5.5.
I switched over to Pro Tools. Way faster on the very daily tasks… (and that after being 15 years Nuendo-only)