here are my reproducible steps for my current AU problems of 3rd party apps going mute that you requested on the App Store/Cubasis 3 reviews page, (username Midimania)
I encounter these problems on quite a regular basis (but not every time) and it is becoming rather annoying, especially if I play a finished project to another person and realise halfway through that something is unexpectedly not playing as it should, resulting in having to close and re-open the offending synths then restart. Incidentally, Magellan 2 is the only 3rd party app in my collection that has never suffered any problems at all, it is completely stable just like the onboard Cubasis Instruments. Here is my setup…
iPad 8 - 128Gb.
CUBASIS 3.2 SETUP :-
Sample Rate 48kHz
Bit Resolution 16
Studio Quality - ON
Play audio tracks while recording- ON
Device Latency 5.3ms
Audio Engine Latency 5.3ms
Audio Recording Offset Comp - ON (16ms)
Input Gain 50%
INSTRUMENTS USED IN PROJECT :-
- iM1 (IAA) *
- iWAVESTATION (IAA) *
- SampleTank (IAA)
- Magellan 2 (IAA) *
- Nave (IAA) *
- Sunrizer (AU)
Instruments using Bank & Program CC marked “*”
Project- 120BPM @ 4/4 timing, 3 minutes 30 seconds playing time.
My project will normally play through a dozen times without a problem, but sometimes if I have to stop halfway through to alter notes or events, then I hit Play I find SampleTank for instance has gone MUTE, I have to close then re-open SampleTank and it works, but this time iM1 or it could be iwavestation or Nave has now gone MUTE, I follow same restarting procedure, now everything plays. Occasionally Nave does not respond to a particular Bank & Program Change, my only solution here is closing Cubasis, rebooting iPad, open Cubasis and press Play- everything now works ok. When instruments 1,2,3,5 and 6 randomly stop operating, if I open that particular instrument and try to play its on screen keyboard, it appears to be frozen. I have read your article concerning Multicore Rendering and Latency and I have gone through all my settings to make sure everything is has it should be.
I hope the above information is useful in trying to find a solution.