No more resizing of the right click tool box?

+1

+1

For anyone who has come here to find an answer to this scenario, here it is:

When you right-click to expand the tool options, right-click and hold for 3+ seconds. You will see the mouse jump to the bottom right corner of the tool selection, and the cursor will be a double arrow. Once you see this double arrow, left-click and resize the selection window to your liking.

This worked for Cubase Pro 9.5 at the time of submission.

Doesn’t seem to work like that in the actual Cubase 10 …

So when Steinberg team fix it?

I think it’s fair to assume it’s not coming back. Poor form from Steinberg to not even comment. There are several threads on this topic and not one word from Steinberg. A tad arrogant.

2 Likes

perhaps today?

1 Like

I really hope it’s coming back soon!!

For me too, 25+ years almost every day…

Please bring this feature back.

Paying for updates when features are removed that users are accustomed to using for so long. It’s not like some hidden feature, it’s a main mouse feature customisation which is regressed by being removed. Please bring it back, this thread’s request to reinstate the feature is how old by now?

November 2018? That’s nearing a year and a half now. Come on Steinberg, why would anyone think it wise to remove it!!
“Let’s make Cubase less customisable, where it was more so before, it doesn’t make much sense to users like us”.

We are literally forced to allow a feature to become inferior in the updates and change our workflow to using the keyboard shortcuts for tooltips instead. That’s just stupidly inconvenient in my view.

This has been brought up just the other day in a thread in the Facebook Advanced Cubase Users group also.

2 Likes

I’m forced to move to Cubase 11, for some reason 9.5 is taking 20 seconds to load a plugin on the same system. Turns out I’m actually enjoying some of the new features, but overall, I am super annoyed every few moments using C11 purely because of this stupid right click pop up bar. If I could get 9.5 working I’d not bother buying C11 after the trail period ends, just because of this. I’m now certain the people at Steinberg making choices to change things that worked before for every single user, don’t actually write music in Cubase themselves. Why did they change the rubber and glue tool or even worse, the ability to add pictures to multiple tracks in the arranger view, honestly, just why would you do all this.

Ladies and gents, we have to be more vocal about this. I’ve been using Cubase since VST Score 5 with the dongle that went into the serial port they don’t even make on computers anymore. Since over 20 years the right click pop up bar has always been resizable making it quicker to access the tool needed. I was the person hamming Bitwig to add one to their software and they eventually saw the benefit and added it in. However Cubase has always had the edge with how you could configure the bar to your way of working.

Now we have a voting system on this new forum, we have to make Steinberg aware, maybe they just don’t understand how much this bothers users who’ve been loyal users for many years.

We have to get behind this like Trump supporters and vote, no semi-autos though people, OK :joy:

“MAKE CUBASE GREAT AGAIN, GIVE US THE RESIZABLE RIGHT-CLICK POP UP BAR BACK” :raised_hands: :pray: :pray:t6: :pray:t5: :pray:t4: :pray:t3: :pray:t2:

Share this thread and VOTE, VOTE , VOTE

We need the resizable toolbox! Why the hell would you disable that feature?! Make it resizable and let us chose the order of the Icons please!

2 Likes

Press the vote button James :wink:

Well, I’m pressing the vote button now… :smiley:

I don’t really understand the urgency of this request, what am I missing?

If this is so urgent for you as to impede your workflow, then why not use key commands to increase your workflow?

honestly, in 15 or 20 years of using Cubase, I’ve never not once used the right click toolbox. It seems like a feature to appease amputees - which is a good thing… but, are ya’ll amputees?

You know, you don’t have to comment if you don’t understand the topic, right?

In 25 years I’ve always been able to us my workflow including the right click tool box. Now I bump into the right side of the project window with all the tools stretched out horizontally and this makes me select the wrong tools unintentionally, and since I don’t double check the selection of tools I’m under the impression I have the right tools selected and I continue editing and strange stuff happens until I notice I use the wrong tool. It just happens at the worst of times and I’m an old dog now so I’m not very good at learning new tricks I don’t even think much of.

And I use Key Commands whenever I can, believe me, I’ve wasted more time on reassigning Key Commands than I dare to admit. They’re one of my favorite tools in Cubase. But in the Project window you can’t use for everything or at least it’s not the best workflow FOR ME! I don’t see why I should have to silently change my workflow without even trying to ask about it?

That’s why I made a little request. Should I say I’m sorry too?

1 Like

I’m not understanding the logic there.

anyways, perhaps the original toolbox was quicker for you than the new one, but I’m pretty sure key commands for the tools are quicker than either of the toolboxes.

Mine are just standard numbers 1-0, and they’re sort of in order of use priority rather than how Cubase has them graphically oriented.

~ - Line Tool
Shift+~ - Multi-Tool
1 - Object Selection
2 - Range
3 - Split
4 - Draw
5 - Comp
6 - Glue
7 - Mute
8 - Erase
9 - Play
0 - Paint

Ctrl+Alt+8 - TimeWarp
Ctrl+Alt+9 - Trim Tool
Ctrl+Alt+0 - DrumStick Tool

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+0 - Toggle Smart Tool

V - Vari Audio

Because I have ctrl, alt, shift, modifiers mapped to my extra mouse buttons, everything can be done with just my left hand.

Using the tool bar seems, unimaginable to me - maybe you’re loathing of this GUI change is an opportunity to rethink your workflow and commands. Detaching your mouse from having to select tools allows you to position it, while selecting a tool with your unused left hand (if you have one), which is a much more musical way to work… Left had selects the note, right hand executes the performance.

Thanks for your time. You can stop creating workarounds now for a feature that worked perfectly well and was taken out of Cubase with no responses given for why . It’s not part of the request. The request is to have the previous feature reintroduced.

4 Likes

It’s not a workaround, it’s a more direct workability. but to each their own, many in the world choose to identify as a different gender, and some found in Steinberg forum choose to identify as amputee, and I’m okay with this.

:rofl:
Post must be at least 15 characters,