I was entering music in Dorico on MacBook Pro and I decided to use my Parrot ZIK3 headphone to listen to what I have entered. But after connecting the bluetooth headphone and re-launching the Dorico a few times (including re-starting my Mac, shut-down and cold boot, etc.), I just can’t hear any sound (while the Parrot headphone works well with other sound apps on my Mac).
Then I disconnected the Parrot bluetooth connection and discovered that the Dorico file just can’t play any sound any more, even if I add new instrument! However, all other Dorico files work fine, they can play sound as usual.
I attach my ‘corrupted’ file here, please take a look.
I have managed to work around by retrieving a previously saved file from Time Machine and simply copied over all my new edits from the corrupted file to the earlier file and I didn’t lose any new entries.
(BTW, just some more background info… this Parrot bluetooth headphone also doesn’t work smoothly on Sibelius 7.5. From trail and error, I discovered that I need to shut down Sibelius, connect Parrot bluetooth, then launch Sibelius, access the “Audio Engine Options” and set the “Interface” to Parrot ZIK 3, then Sibelius can play sound on Parrot headphone. Also, if I didn’t re-select the Built-in-Output in the “Interface” option before I shut down Sibelius, it will crash upon next launch.)
xMozart Presto bad.dorico.zip (1.78 MB)