No sound in playback - Dorico 4

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently downloaded Dorico 4 Pro and am really anxious to try it out, but when I press play there is no sound whatsoever. I’ve installed the sounds and everything but saw that - upon opening the HALion Sonic Sound - that there are no Audio Output Ports connected. I’m really at a loss as to what to do now… Can anybody help me?
Thanks in advance!
Louis

Have you gone to Edit > Device Setup yet to set that up.

There are numerous threads on getting sound set up on Dorico. Use the magnifying glass icon at the top of the screen to search for them.

Here is one such thread.

Also, do from the menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here. Thanks

And welcome to the forum.

Hi Derrek, thanks so much for your quick response! Yes I’ve tried that, and it seems like the speakers are selected as audio output port, or so it says when I click on ‘Device Control Panel’. However, when I go back to the normal Device Setup Window I cannot choose any option for Stereo Output - it’s just blank.
Thank you also for advising me to look through other threads - I’ve indeed found some of those but nothing has helped me as of yet. Will continue searching though!

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (436.0 KB)
Hi Ulf,
Thanks also to you for your kind response! I hope this will shed some light on the problem, I’m completely new to Dorico, having used Sibelius for a long time, so it might be an easy fix. Until then though, I’m clueless!
Louis

Hi Louis, you have chosen the Generic Low Latency Driver but that driver does not “see” any output port and therefore does not know where to stream audio out to, thus the silence.
If you go to Edit > Device Setup and click the Control Panel button a little window appears. In that window is an option at the top saying something about ‘allowing exclusive access’. If you toggle that option, does then in the middle of the window appear something in the output port list? If so, make sure it is selected at the front, then close that window and also the Device Setup. Close the project and reopen and go back to Device Setup, does then output ports appear, does sound come out?

HI Ulf,
That’s great, now it works!! Very happy I can finally use the programme with all its perks. A huge thank you to you and your very quick help, much appreciated!
Best
Louis

1 Like