Noise burst

Something weird is going on - I have 2 PC. One at the studio running Windows 7 and a PC at home running Windows 10. I know there is compatibility issues with Windows 10 as such I did expect some issues. There was burst of noise on Windows 10. I was ok with that. BUT…

Yesterday morning, I worked on the studio PC (Windows 7) and suddenly I get the same noise bursting thru the speakers like i did on Windows 10…

It never happened before… And I see on a few posts people experiencing the same issue. (Gearsluts). I know this sounds weird … But… Is it possible that Microsoft changed something with Windows update, to make windows 7 a bit more like windows 10…

Weird…

have you have installed a new plugin on both systems? most likely its running in demo mode

yeh sounds like a plugin wanting authorisation

No I didn’t. It’s very random. On certain channels… Without any plugins…

Maybe check that CB and all your stand alone plugins are set to run as administrator.

Regards. :sunglasses:

Are the disk meters spiking at any point?

I had this issue in Windows 8, but so far haven’t in Windows 10.

I do use some Plugin Alliance plugins, but I found it very strange in my experience that the noise bursts are happening on audio tracks with no plugins on them. Also, they are much much louder than typical demo noise bursts.

I’ve been using Win10 for that last couple of weeks and so far i’ve not had any of the white noise bursts I did on Win8 with the same projects/plugins (which use a few Plugin Alliance plugins).

Gentlemen, have you found any solution to this problem? It’s happening to me more and more, and I literally haven’t installed any updates.

• I tried running projects from different hard drives.
  • I turned all the plugins off - it’s still there even with blank insert slots.
  • Noise may disappear on one section of a track and appear on the other.
  • Restarting a project helps, but it appears again from time to time.

What’s painful is that now I have to be very attentive while re-listening my mixdowns before sending them to a client - what if this noise appears on cymbal ambience or some background FX vocal track and remains unnoticed until it’s too late?

I’m on Windows 7, 64 bit. Cubase Pro 8.5.20

i have the same problem. Didn’t find a solution. But i have guess: Since the plugin alliance olugins are used in the projets i have these blasts. … hm maybe i have to remove them…

Hi,
It continues to escalate, and PA sees no way to solve the problem before the summer.

No chance with Cubase 8-9 and Win 7-10.

And no hint on their page, thats fact.

or any VST/VST3/AU-compatible host running on a supported operating

Please contact the Plugin Alliance Support, That´s really very important.

What’s painful is that now I have to be very attentive while re-listening my mixdowns before sending them to a client - what if this noise appears on cymbal ambience or some background FX vocal track and remains unnoticed until it’s too late?

Same here, you have to go exactly through every mixdown, or you don´t use new PA plugins.

Best,
Frank

I am replying to this topic because I have been plagued with this “white noise blast” issue. Here are my relevant notes:
I bought PreSonus Studio One Artist 4 and didn’t experience it at first. Perhaps a few months into using it, I began experiencing the occasional “noise blasts.”
Then, I upgraded my laptop to an HP with 8GB ram and an i7 processor. The software was now running as smoothly and quickly as ever before. Nice laptop. And within a short period of time, the “noise blasts” were back. I was furious. I contacted PreSonus Tech support and they went through the motions to try to troubleshoot this. No avail. And then, one of them actually suggested UN-INSTALLING my Norton Antivirus, suggesting that THAT was a possible factor. I told them no way was I doing that. And I didn’t believe that Norton was a factor.

Then, I upgraded to Artist v5.0. Within weeks I was again experiencing the “white noise” blasts. In my latest recording session, I intentionally turned-off the Norton (not un-install, just turned-off) and I experienced a “white noise” blast. Scratch Norton as a factor.

Latest move is, I’m in contact with a VERY competent local tech who is going to search my computer’s event log and we expect to get a verifiable answer to what’s going on here.