Not able to save VSTs presets or plug ins default presets anymore

I am not able to save VSTs presets anymore nor save current preset as Default preset. In the first case, hitting ok doesn’t create the preset (it simply stays in the same window like nothing happened). In the second case, I get a message that it was not possible to create the new default preset file in the folder.
I tried to uninstall and install again Cubase, I trashed preferences,… nothing happens.

I am on Apple MacBook Pro OS Monterey 12.2 (but it was the same also on Catalina), running Cubase 11.0.41

2 Likes

Hi,

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

Sometimes the display doesn’t get updated, the file get’s created, but you can’t see it…
Closing the preset window and reopen it…solved it for me.

Tried with disabled program preferences, nothing changes

No, it simply doesn’t write the preset in the folder, it looks like it can’t access to it nor I can create a new folder

I have the same non-functional window as you, futureplan. Let’s keep this thread going in the hopes that someone comes up with a solution. I thought it might be a read/write permissions issue on the relevant disks, but apparently not. Maybe someone knows exactly where in the preference script the issue might be?

2 Likes

Henry, could you please tell us your system specs…
OS, CPU, audio hardware…
Just to get an idea, what is common in these cases.

The default path to presets is somewhere in users/xxx/Documents for Windows
and in user/xxx/library for Mac.

That’s something useful as I can’t find where the Steinberg presets are

more to discuss :wink:

there is a link to the help pages with the complete filepath

2 Likes

I have all other plug ins presets in the Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Presets directory. In that directory there is no Steinberg folder while ether re other plug ins folders. I do not have a Library folder under the users/username/Library path. Is that the issue? How can I fix it?

Same problem here.
M1 Mac monterey, cubase 11 and 12 both

1 Like

It looks like a Mac thing… Maybe it has a relation to user permissions?

Same problem, July 2022. Mac Studio, M1 Max, 12.4, Cubase 12.0.30. I just spent 40 mins with Apple support and we’re ruled out read/write permissions as the problem. I’ve trashed prefs, started in safe mode, uninstalled and reinstalled C12 and no changes. Here’s what’s bizarre: I’m running C12, same version, on my MBP (M1 Pro, 12.4) and not having this problem. I’ve been in touch with Steinberg support and they are pretty useless. Please keep the thread going, especially if anyone has found answers!

1 Like

Hi,

Can you see any difference comparison your 2 systems, please? Some differences in the permission area or something like this?

No differences.

But thanks for asking about it. :slight_smile:

Hey everyone, Steinberg found me an answer to this. Please see this video:

And thanks to the Cubase user/YouTuber for the solution. It works for me in C12, Mac Monterey 12.4.

5 Likes

This kind of worked for me too, but only with Steinberg Cubase plugins. I still cannot save 3rd party plugins other than Plugin Alliance plugins. Do I have to make a folder for each Vendor? This would take me days…

1 Like

Thank you for this thread. I had to save a preset from Cthulu and could not. I created a folder for “Xfer Records” and then it worked. I wasn’t sure what to name the folder but looking in the VST plugin manager gives the name of the vendor and that worked. I only needed to give the vendor and it was able to create the folder for the specific plugin so that saves some time.

1 Like

This is still an issue. I discovered this when performing a clean install of C12 on a new MacBook Pro M1.

Even if disregarding above issue (+ issues with missing content described in other threads), the process of doing a clean install of C12 and content I have gathered over the years is everything but “Creativity First”.

The process involves the Activation Manager, Download Assistant, Library Manager and simultaneously crosschecking with MySteinberg account what content I own, on which type of license.

In comparison, the installation of Bitwig and Reason Studios was done in a brief, with no efforts what so ever. Yes, I know, Cubase is superior, but … :wink:

1 Like