Notation Express for Dorico 4 is out

Ah, thanks, Marc! We will be patient then.

Iā€™ve been known to do that from time to time. Best wishes for the recovery.

1 Like

Will right now purchase the profile from NC for my iPhone7+. Bravo!

1 Like

Just got my XL from Amazon yesterday (free same day delivery, woohoo!) and am LOVING it.

One teensy-weensy error, though. I tweeted @ Notation Central yesterday about one icon issue that Iā€™m not sure if they saw, but at any rate, be aware that in the key signatures submenu (on XL, I donā€™t think it appears on the 15-key mobile version), the button that sets to C# major has the icon for C# minor. But if you look at the pattern of the rows of keys, you know it should be C# major, and it does, in fact, set the key to C# major. I couldnā€™t figure out how to change the icon. (I mean, I know how to change an icon on StreamDeck, but donā€™t know where the icons are stored or if theyā€™re accessible to us for replacement)

@Steve_Sensenig Thanks, Steve! Sorry I missed that tweet. Glad to hear youā€™re loving it so far. Thanks for catching that. We will fix that up in the next update, for sure. Until then, avoid composing in that key :wink:

2 Likes

I resisted the urge to crack some joke about how Iā€™m sure no one would ever notice the wrong icon because no one writes in that key! LOL :wink:

3 Likes

And even after it is fixed. Wind players the world over will be ever appreciative. Maybe we should just delete that option altogether.:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Iā€™m having a major issue with my StreamDeck and and NE XL for Dorico 4.

When I press the Dorico 4 icon, Dorico 4 opens. When I try to change note values, Dorico does not respond. When I try to add articulations, Dorico doesnā€™t respond. Dorico responds to the keyboard commands, just not the StreamDeck commands.

I have installed everything the way that the installer said, Under remote in Dorico preferences, I see the plugin.

*** Edit ***
If it helps, I did update to Dorico 4.0.10. And no luck with it it working.

Any help would be great!
Robby

OK, I uninstalled all aspects of the Dorico 4 profile. Cleared the plugin from the remote section of preferences.

I did a fresh install, and things seemed to work for now. Iā€™ll keep this forum topic in mind if I run into any other issues.

Robby

To my knowledge, they havenā€™t issued a patched version of notation express just yet.

Oh, THATā€™s who those guys were who came and knocked on the door today.

Robby, what you describe is the *normal * behavior here, meaning you need to quit totally the Streamdeck app, relaunch it (while Dorico is open), and then everything works as is supposed to. Itā€™s been reported theyā€™re working on it, so I hope it will work better in the next version :wink:

1 Like

Thank you Marc!!! Iā€™m glad to know I wasnā€™t going crazy.

Robby

Iā€™m currently testing a new version of the plugin. Seems to have fixed the issue.

4 Likes

Yes, we are making good progress. Expect this to be fixed up in a forthcoming update.

6 Likes

Your last podcast is priceless. This new Notation Express is really worth the while (@dan_kreider ), this new API is GREAT!

3 Likes

I have A StreamDeck XL arriving Monday ā€“ my first step into this world. Iā€™m planning to buy NE for XL of course. My question is whether I should wait for the updates or just jump in. If I understand it correctly, the product selling at this moment supports the direct commands in Dorico 4 (no shortcuts needed) and the only real issue is in getting the Stream Deck recognized by Dorico. Is that correct?

If I install the current version now, is there any complication in updating that when the patch is available?

The new version is perfect and already available, I thinkā€¦ Or is it not?

No need to wait. Any updates to smooth out these issues will be free to existing Notation Express 2.0 users. The 2.1 update isnā€™t quite out yet, @MarcLarcher, but it may be out by the time @cparmerleeā€™s hardware arrivesā€¦

3 Likes

Ok, thanks! Youā€™ve done a tremendous work here (especially because I wonā€™t need to update the french localization anymore!) and I canā€™t wait to see what new features youā€™re going to create on the Notation Express side. Your podcast has indeed surprised me, I wasnā€™t aware of the non foreground actions that could be done. But actually I have been starting to use the Streamdeck to control the playback and I like it!

1 Like