Now, my patience runs thin. ASIO realtime CPU peaks, dropouts

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, a system swap is 100% out of the question. This is a 15 month old build that I just put together, and there is no way I would be able to or willing to swap. I even built it around the intel X series CPU, which is heavily based on the xeon, and I hoped this would improve multithreading overall. My hopes are not fulfilled, lol.

I am just going to have to turn my virtual cores on, and then off, depending on the current application. That is the simplest, and frankly the only solution I can come up with right now.

And while we are on the subject, do you see any modern hardware configurations, mac or win, that are not suffering from this issue right now? Which CPU/chipset/OS does not have the issue? I have read and read about this, and scanned over years worth of posts on these forums, and the issue seems to affect MANY configurations. I wouldnt be confident right now, even with another “more suited” system.

Fun times. And now I am resolving a NI maschine2/MK3 issue, where maschine2 will not properly route MIDI data to/from cubase, and NI is… blaming the issue on steinberg. Questions about help with getting maschine2 to work in cubase are ignored on their forums.

I may be forced to become skilled at Ableton at the rate I am going here. I really DONT want to spend the next few months becoming good at Ableton… and I hate that interface, but… I dont know. Really dont know.

The reason Steinberg told you to come here is because they knew exactly what would happen and were likely sick of trying to explain to you, hopping that the boards words would some how make you see sense. We can say what they can’t, we don’t have to be as polite!

You don’t understand. The suggested things aren’t “workarounds”, they’re are to help you rule out what is or isn’t the problem. Once you find the source of your problem, then you have to figure out a workaround. First find the problem by disabling things you need that could be the problem, especially things that are known to of caused issues in the past. The process is elimination… it’s the standard procedure, regardless to how much you need, want the thing you’ve have to disable, you have to do it to move forward! It really is that simple!!! It doesn’t mean that thing has to remain disabled, it’s simply to point the finger of blame upon that thing so that it can be fixed, and set right.

I don’t Focus on it, my Cubase works fine… I’m very happy with my set up. My MB Bios and CPU OC is tweaked to perfection.

When you say you wont do something, you’re only limiting your self to a speedier resolution to the problem, which then makes the problem you!

I see now that you have finally tried it… It’s also worth noting. The 9th gen i7 doesn’t have HT, it gives you extra real cores instead. From what I’ve read, tight latencies don’t give HT the time it needs to perform well within the ASIO buffer. This however shouldn’t be an issue at normal buffer settings. But, I don’t want to get drawn into that conversation here.

The 9th gen i7 was the chip I’d been waiting for for many years.

I see, so you speak for steinberg, you know what the content of our private exchanges looks like, and you came here to make an inappropriate comment out of your ignorance. Frankly, I train others in troubleshooting techniques, I write documentation and create training content for others in a variety of systems/administration scenarios across critical infrastructure and desktop environments alike.

I have ZERO tolerance for this BEE ESS(isnt censorship fun) comment, my issue is already resolved and the source of the problem revealed (for a cross-section of hardware anyway), and I dont need your fanboy garbage.

Are you angry that this issue was not able to be swept under the rug? You seem motivated for some reason. Why? I love this software, too, Im just not an idiot when it comes to rational critique.

You see now that I finally tried it?

So you finally READ THE GODDAMN THREAD and realized you are a egotistical fanboy who put their foot in their mouth? Take care, friend.

And maybe this guy^^^ should read some more threads inside the “issues” and “general” areas of this forum.

You might find the people with the i9-based systems also experiencing the same issues, while you try to make claims about i7 vs i9. Due diligence is a hell of a thing.

Please extend my sympathies to Mrs. Milkman.

Extend mine to the social media managers at steinberg/yamaha. At least my retort is based in reality, lol.

No worries, angry elitists! I am going to steinberg/yamaha direct from now on, and not wasting my time engaging/being engaged by the sycophants here. Ive gone to social media, as well, and have flipped my previous supportive comments about steinberg cubase into… well Im sure you can guess. Take care, and thanks for the learning experience.

:laughing:

Just read this thread. My god what a drama queen the op is . My advice

1. turn off pc ( google it if you don’t know how to do this )
  2. get a life
  3. try playing with your kids

Are you using I7 built in graphics or have you installed a graphics card ?
How much RAM do you have ?

at this point i think the solution has been provided here. system swap to something that has been proven to work for somebody else.
if you own a system that runs like a charm pls post your parts and let’s end this thread. this turned into a multi-rant pretty quick.

unstar. I agree there’s a lot of waffle going on here but there’s still things that can be done.

have you ran latencymon ?
Do you have a ps2 keyboard and/or mouse ?

It’s admirable that people are trying but I think this guy’s bypassed “I’m listening” and gone straight on to “bite me!”

This.

Sometimes the lack of OP self awareness is at a level way beyond asiometer spikes.

Steve.

…and this. Zigzackly.

I tried the same, turned off HT. No difference for me at 44.1kHz, 256 buffer size at a high demanding projects (ca. 85% average load, real-time peak went to red at both configurations).
The CPU increased from 41% up to 65%, so I went back and enabled HT again.

The OP has moved on, and new posts to the topic are on different subjects. For example, this user’s problem was bad performance with only a track or two, not heavy projects.

Please start a new topic.