Nuendo 6.5?

This begs the following questions:

1: Will there be another update of a version lower than Nuendo 6.5 (i.e. 6.0.8), either before or after 6.5 comes out?

2: Will Nuendo 6.5 be a paid upgrade?

As far as I know:

-this is the last update.
-Nuendo 6.5 will be paid. (a nominal fee in tradition with earlier .5 updates)

Fredo

AFAIAC I don’t feel I want to have to pay for another release that is just a further bug-fix with a few new features thrown in so that it can be charged for (Bass management? !). Fix the product first, then think about new, ‘must-have’, features.

Based on N6 so far, new features only bring problems and alienation of the user-base.

I’m still trialing N6 and although there are some things I like, I am not yet convinced that it is an improvement on N5.5.6. In terms of work-flow it is definitely not better, and the Toytown Control Room still needs a rethink and more than 4 sends.

A lot of version numbers can be fitted in between 6.0.7 and 6.5 which could be used to fix things and restore customer faith, before a new-feature release.

So we have to pay for fixes of important issues?

Sounds like a great idea, don’t you think?

Don´t you think someone needs to be paid to fix issues?

Don’t you think I already paid someone to have built the product I was told I was getting?

The last time you bought a new version of a car, and they told you about all the new great features and;

a - some of the new features didn’t work
b - some of the old features didn’t work
c - some features they didn’t talk about at all changed (steeringwheel on the other side)

did you find it reasonable to have to pay for all of that to be fixed?

Lydiot,

Please stop cluttering this forum with this nonsense.
We are going through this with each and every update.
Try posting something constructive for a change.

Fredo

I’ve posted a great deal of constructive information on this forum and not once have you thanked me for it.

In addition you’ve singled me out for criticism. I find that highly offensive.

Please address the points I’ve made instead of engaging in ad-hominem attacks. If you think I’m wrong about something and that it’s nonsense surely you can construct an argument that proves I’m wrong.

oh gawd I hate those “car analogies”.
A car is a car, and software is software, people really need to stop with these out of place comparisons.

When did you last get a free “update” for your car?
Can you upgrade your car to the newest model by paying an upgrade fee every two years?

So there, a car is clearly not a software product.

(Well, at least until they start building cars running on Android OS)

A car is a product. A software is a product. Both are created and then sold with certain promises of functionality attached.

So then please answer me:

I paid for a software that was supposed to work a certain way and it didn’t: Why should I pay twice for it to work?

One last warning before I start deleting posts and the likes.

Fredo

I’m not going to get into this argument, but just running with the car analogy for a moment, if you take your car in for a service or a software update you do not expect to get it back with a series of things broken that were not part of the service or software update. Software is by it’s nature complex and requires a great deal of testing - isn’t that what a QA department is for? (I’m assuming that Steinberg has one, but the sheer number of issues introduced with N6 affecting old and new features does make me wonder). BTW, ‘QA’ stands for Quality Assurance.

We, the users, should not be the QA department although it is inevitable that some bugs will come out of the woodwork after a software release, in which case the provider (in this case Steinberg) should rapidly fix the problems before inflicting a new set of features and bugs on the people that provide their income.

I hope this is not seen as an unreasonable view.

Hi Fredo and Steinberg Team,

while I understand that this works well for situations where the user is also the owner I would like to voice my concearn that in every situation where the user needs to “apply” for the funding (broadcasters, larger companies) this is a REAL annoyance.
As a freelancer working in various larger studios I know that this will lead to tons of situations where the session I will need to open will be created on a different Nuendo version because someone in the chain will not update to .5. Please consider raising the update price for future versions and include the .5 fee. It would save me a lot of hassle.

Ollie

This is actually a good idea but requires a change of thinking at Steinberg.

I suppose another way to approach it would be to call the next update 7 instead of 6.5 !

Relax, will you? What did Lydiot say wrong?

If you get offended by this, you better consider to quit moderate.
Or is it politics thread over your head from Steinberg HQ?

This cycle of Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6, has not been the greatest for Steinberg. And you know it.

Do you really think it is fair to “leave” Nuendo 6 in this state?
As I understand it, N6.0.7 is the last update for that product.
No wonder why some reacts on the fact that they are basically “forced” to pay for issues to be fixed. The only way out is to go through Nuendo 6.5.

This is NO good customer care IMO.

I think we all agree, that in Nuendo 5.5 wie had a nearly bugfree version, where we could use the time in this forum to discuss new feature requests, helping with problems, etc…

I have to admit that in the beginning I was shocked about these tons of bugs and little workflow-killers in N6,…so many things didn’t work any longer - while - of course - on the other side there were a lot of great new feature-ideas.
But I really did not have the feeling that there was a real proper beta testing coming from users working in the business Nuendo is made for. Too many bugs, controllers didn’t work, mixer-shortcuts gone, channel-linking is not working, display-errors, etc pp, and we users are reporting them here day by day. For free. And I am also very disappointed, that this “collected issue”-list is dating from summer 2013…

I was a Nuendo power-user since 2002 (cubase since 1996) and I never thought twice about buying an update. But right now I am not willing to pay for an update in this actual N6 lifecycle, where I do not want to have any new features! I just want to have a Nuendo’s buglist, which is coming close to the old N5. And this honestly (and of course I could afford this fee) should be a service of Steinberg IMO.

I really would like to dare to talk about new feature-ideas again

Time for a strategy change on Steinberg’s side, why not acknowledge the issues and, radical thought, actually fix them asap - most of the complaining power users are not fully lost - yet, but things are cooking up.
I’ll only talk for myself, I need my faith in Steinberg to be fundamentally restored, both in their technical abilities and customer relations.

+10000000

Amen Brother…

I agree with much of what is being said here. We need to be able to openly criticize Nuendo so that Steinberg can see what real world users are experiencing. Otherwise, how can Steinberg know where to really put their efforts? Clearly there are problems with the implementation. There are still stability issues and components that are not functioning as they should and it has been this way since N6 first came out. Our comments have really helped identify and define the problems. I have to single out Lydiot here for his help because he is getting picked on. Each update has brought improvements so please don’t shut us up. I feel like for the most part Steinberg has been listening and things have been getting fixed. To me that is a good relationship. Lets keep it going and even improve on it.

Dean