Nuendo 7.0.30 released

Is anyone else having issues with crashing in this version that they weren’t in the initial release. I’ve been getting many more freezes. Will roll back to 7.0.20 to varify

No, not as yet. Running on a test machine and seems very stable. All in all thus far, a great update though surprised to see that with the new VCA updates adding record, listen and solo functions that they didn’t also add mute! Seems illogical and something I miss from my Pro Tools rig when using VCA’s. Interested to know why mute was omitted. Possible oversight!?

It is intended.

I quote:
“we have not implemented the Mute function for VCA’s as we found using the logic currently available this would lead to undesired bahaviour. Many bug reports would arise that we know we wouldn’t be able to fix short term. At this time, a missing feature is better than a faulty one. I am sure you agree.”

Hope you understand.

Fredo

Where is that quote from Fredo?

Also, I don’t see it as particularly “beneficial” to include a mute button for VCA that suspends automation just like “Read” does, only to at some point change that button’s behavior to something more logical. When that change happens people will have to change the way they think about it. It’d have been better to just omit it.

Internel Beta conversation. I just couldn’t phrase it better, so …
:slight_smile:

Fredo

No fix for the loudness quick analysis…

Hello,
Good quote Fredo, that says it all. Hope they are able to rearrange the internal software logic for VCA mutes without much impact.
Hugh

Is it just me or did this just get worse!!:!?!?!??!?

Repro:

1. Create Audio Track.

2. Set (global) automation to “Touch”, and write simple automation. Write from zero to say -20dBFS, hold a little, then release.

3. Set automation to “Touch” AND “Trim”, and write again. This time write trim from zero (no boost/cut) to minus infinity.

At this point all should work as expected. If you deselect “Trim” the curve should be shown “post-trim”. You can toggle back and forth between “undo” and “redo” to see that it makes logical sense.
4. Select “undo” to undo the last trim pass. Select “Touch” and “Trim” again.
5. Create VCA track. Select the Audio track as source.
6. Write automation to the audio track as in step #3.

Watch the level JUMP to maximum even though you went from zero gain to minus infinity!

Yes, first thing I noticed too, no mute, odd. I my case, I use this like solo grouping etc. So presently, I need to do this from different areas of the console, although, I can understand there may be implications for the automation features. Beta discussion yes, I’m sure it will be implemented as some point. Otherwise, seems like a very solid update. Working well here for me Mac OS, Mac Pro. The Asio overheads seem to have improved as well.

Updated info to Windows 64bit installer problem:

In my installtion the installer could not find “components/videooutput.exe”, which must be patched for update to 7.0.30. (I had to rename this file after update to Nuendo 7.0.20 because of the “videooutput crash issue” on nuendo startup on Windows 64bit / Quicktime 7.7.7).

For a correct update, restore the 7.0.20 version of “components/videooutput.exe”, do the normal update to 7.0.30, and then rename “components/videoutput.exe” to something unusable.

The error message of Steinberg “missing Nuendo7_64bit.msi” is VERY misleading!

Michael

Correct!

I had to scope out the same thing. What they really mean to say is that the current N7 installation to be updated does not conform to ALL of the files the Update Installer expects to be in place.

Fixed a few of our issues. Still does not display to Avid Artist correctlly. But biggest for us AAf issues Troublesome AAfs since N7 - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums
Please help.

Update.

As suggested by another Member in a private Message. I have copied the AAF filter from N5.5 and replaced it in N7. This at first (it seemed) did not work. But if I lengthed the timeline. The audio was displayed correctly, and no annoying repeating audio. Still clipping some audio, but I can handle drag out the handles to reveal this. But most importantly no need to resync audio.

Hopefully this will give Steinberg some hint on how to fix this properly. Please PM me if I can help.

Big thumbs up to service. Patch has been sent to me fixing our AAF issues. Assume it will be shared to to the rest of the world soon.

Thanks again Thorsten

Still no fix for the loudness quick analysis… Please make it work!

Cheers,

GVS

This patch made a tremendous difference, but I still wonder if there are any word on when to expect the next update?